• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Show More Than One Incoming Line Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFeller

Reaction score
Does 3CX have built in Functions of showing more than one incoming lines status with the features of the software on a phone that has more than one line as most IP phones have this function? Example I have a 4 line Cisco SPA504. Can I show incoming DID for phone number 419-427-1200 on lines 1 and 2. Then show incoming DID 419-427-1210 on lines 3 and 4. I would like to be able to both show BLF and have call pickup / transfer to other ext. functions from both lines. How do I achieve this from the 3CX software?

Multi line/key VoIP sets can have multiples of the same extension number assigned to more than one key. So, for example Ext 101 can appear on keys 1 and 2, and Ext 201 can appear on both keys 3 and 4. In the extension settings of 3Cx those extensions can be set to accept more than one call. What DIDs you route to those extensions is reliant on your inbound rules.

That said, some auto provisioning does not allow easy "customized" configuration of sets requiring either a modification of the template, or some manual configuration of the sets.

I'm not sure if that provides a satisfactory answer.

Kind of answers my question. The thing is, we want lines 1 & 2 to be used for general calls coming in, and lines 3 & 4 to show both, separately, our two hotlines. So it should look like this, in retrospect:

1 - Line 1 & 2
2 - Line 1 & 2
3 - Hotline 1
4 - Hotline 2

The reason being that we need to know when a hotline is being called and which, specifically, is being used. I found in phone itself where to program lines 1-4. However, doing this would obviously change the template, therefore giving 3CX an excuse to not help us. I also found a way through the 3CX Management Console to program a button on the sidecar to light up when one of those lines is called, but then I lose the ability to have the phone ring. This is very aggravating.

this is a combination of ring groups and extensions.

so say your inbound route for did 1x and 2x goto extension 221
then you have inbound route for did 3x goto extension 222
and inbound route for did 4x goto extension 223.

then on the phone setup the 3 extensions leaving 221 with two lines.

The other option if you don't have too many calls is use the Add Group, Queue, DID setting which is under setup\settings\global options

This will place the did name before the callerid on the phone to show what type of call it is. And using a ring group you can give it different rules for how long it stays in a queue, or if you want it to goto multiple desks at the same time.

Jasit.

I tried checking the box to Add Group, Queue, DID setting. That didn't work. When I did that, the phone didn't even ring. I reset the template back to the Cisco 504G + 500S template before doing it. Anyone else have any ideas??

It sounds as if whatever you do is going to require editing the template.

I'm not certain that this is what you want, but, here is an example.

Assign extension 101 to key 1, 102 to key 2, 103 to key 3 and 104 to key 4. Extensions 101 and 102 can both be put into a ring group (you could aslo have extension 101 assigned to both keys 1 and 2. all of these extensions ca appear on other sets as well. The "general" calls can route to the ring group, thus ringing keys 1 and 2. The DID's can be routed to the extension numbers on keys 3 and 4.

BFeller said:
I found in phone itself where to program lines 1-4. However, doing this would obviously change the template, therefore giving 3CX an excuse to not help us.

You mean "not to help you" with those specific sets? If the modified template achieves what you want, then it may be worth it.

Coming in late on this one - but want to reinforce what's been said by LeeJor.
If you forget about bringing calls into extensions, and bring calls into groups or queues instead, then you can leave the DDI identity of the particular line blank, and set 3CX to show group or queue names on the display of the phone.
[If you have a label for the DDI, and a label for the group, and you are showing incoming caller ID - the display gets a bit busy!]
You are going to have to manually set up the additional extension accounts on the Cisco phone - so don't be shy about that!
You can further label the keys on the phone with the name of the 'service' - rather than the extension number (do this via the admin GUI of the phone).
I've done this many a time with Cisco 504G phones - where I'll have the first key as the user's extension, a second key labelled with their Department's name (for group calls to their Dpt'), and a third key to answer a door-entry unit.

Oh - and I'm assuming that the 3CX is fully licensed yes? - as you won't get a lot of the queue and group features if not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.