• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Show outbound caller display name and extension number

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadaolowoeyo

Reaction score
HI,

I have issues with displaying the name of the caller whose extension I am calling alongside the extension number. Can anyone please tell me how to go about this.

Thank you.

You'll need to provide more information about the hardware you are using.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using SIP T2x, T3x and grandstream phones. Thank you.

To clarify your wanting so that when you dial extension "1000" from your phone, the display shows the name of the person your calling rather then just extension "1000" ?

Would that not be a function of the phones internal phone book, similar behaviour to that of a mobile phone?

thanks netswork, exactly, yes.
leejor, you're correct but i have over 100 different SIP deskphones deployed and wondering if there's a central configuration that i can implement using the 3CX management console.
thank you all.

I am on Yelink T38's and have to use the Remote Phonebook and turn on sRemoteName.
Seems strange I know. Especially if I update a name on Monday morning... the phones don't get the update until they grab the phonebook again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.