Show outbound caller display name and extension number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dadaolowoeyo, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadaolowoeyo

HI,

I have issues with displaying the name of the caller whose extension I am calling alongside the extension number. Can anyone please tell me how to go about this.

Thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You'll need to provide more information about the hardware you are using.

3. dadaolowoeyo

Thanks for the reply. I'm using SIP T2x, T3x and grandstream phones. Thank you.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

To clarify your wanting so that when you dial extension "1000" from your phone, the display shows the name of the person your calling rather then just extension "1000" ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Would that not be a function of the phones internal phone book, similar behaviour to that of a mobile phone?

6. dadaolowoeyo

thanks netswork, exactly, yes.
    leejor, you're correct but i have over 100 different SIP deskphones deployed and wondering if there's a central configuration that i can implement using the 3CX management console.
    thank you all.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am on Yelink T38's and have to use the Remote Phonebook and turn on sRemoteName.
    Seems strange I know. Especially if I update a name on Monday morning... the phones don't get the update until they grab the phonebook again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.