Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Show Ring Groups in Switchboard

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ahren, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahren

I am trying to get my staff to start using the switchboard to transfer calls, but I can't get ring groups to display in Switchboard view. Is this possible?

I am running 3CXPhone for Windows 14.0.49169.0

I have enabled "Show unregistered extensions" in the Switchboard settings, which I could have sworn worked on a fresh installation yesterday, but I uninstalled 3CXPhone without thinking and haven't been able to reproduce it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

Ring groups are not visible through the switchboard but maybe you could try using queues where transfer calls can be made if the users have the rights to do so.

You can give them rights by choosing an extension from the extensions menu and navigating to the Rights tab. The first 5 options must be selected to be able to perform a transfer through the switchboard.

3. ahren

Ok thanks! I'll give it a shot and post back with the results.

4. ahren

Unfortunately the virtual extensions used by Call Queues also do not show up in Switchboard regardless of extension rights. I created a work around by creating a "dummy extension" that forwards calls to the specified ring group after being unanswered for 1 second. So far in my testing this is working extremely well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.