Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Siemens c470IP forward call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dvorat, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvorat

We are using latest ( updated ) version of 3CX PBX with 4 PSTN lines through SPA-3102. Extensions are used on SIEMENS c470IP phones.

Please can anybody advice how to configure to be able to forward current call to another extension ?
    Is there any dial code to forward or any special settings needed on SIEMENS phone ?

Thanks for help

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    From what I understand then you have four 3102's, each connected to a PSTN line.

Do you mean by forwarding, changing the status - such as away - so that the call diverts to another extension?

Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dvorat

Hi,

I have 3CX PBX with 8 extensions calling ouside through 4 SPA3102 Getways connected to 4 PSTN lines.

I mean situation when one extension is in call with caller from outside and would like to forward this caller to another extension.

No status change, no away status. Just user driven forwarding ( like presing R on phone or * something ).

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    First of all to make this work, you need to go to 3CX extension settings for the C470IP extensions, then go to the "other" tab and disable 1) supports replaces header and 2) supports re-invite. This will allow call transfer to work with 3CX by having compatible settings.

The easiest way to do call transfers by far is with the call assistant, although this needs to run on a PC. To transfer calls on a phone, this works as follows:-

1. Call is answered (or orgininated)
    2. Press options (that will appear when the call is answered), followed by "external call". The caller will now receive music on hold from 3 cx.
    3. enter the extension number you want to transfer to. It will answer. Notice that the screen allows you to move between the two calls
    4. Press options again, followed by "Transfer Call"
    5. The call is then transferred

This was tested on the C475IP, so yours might be slightly different.

Kind regards Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dvorat

Thank a lot Richard for Your guide.

I will try.

6. dvorat

So I tried and this is not working.
    Please can You send me screens how to configure Siemens phone. I am not seeing Transfer choise in menu during call.

my e-mail is dvorat@seznam.cz

7. hquint

Hello,

i've also had major problem configuring this phone.
    Unfortunately i wasn't able since now to configure the phone that i'm able to forward a call with the 'R' button or any other method. And the gigaset support isn't a help at all.

The only thing you can do is to go in the phone menue while talking to somebody. there is an option where you can forward a call to an extention. in my eyes this is a long way to forward a call but that worked here.

If you get the forwarding working with the r button i would be interested how you solved that problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.