Siemens Gigaset N510 latest firmware (42.245) not compatible anymore with 3CX v15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mischa Sz., Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischa Sz.

Hi there

It looks like that manual provisioning of Siemens Gigaset N510 with firmware 42.245 is not working anymore. If we update the settings, we get an error "No lines configured.". Exactly same profile works flawlessly with 42.243.

Are there any plans to upgrade the profiles so that this is working again?

Sadly, a firmware downgrade is currently not possible. The Gigaset system gives us an error "Firmware downgrade not possible. Server not available". And manual downgrade seems not to work because it only allows upgrades and not downgrades.

Regards
    Mischa

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a number of similar Gigaset base units (610?), all manually configured. I haven't touched any upgrades for a while, but, as the phones are standard SIP, i find it hard to believe that manually configuring it, won't work at all. Do you see a registration attempt in the 3CX Activity Log?

I found that the server address had to go into 3 different fields in the Gigaset, to make it happy.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Mischa Sz.

By manual provisioning you mean that you added the details manually to the phone or you used the provisioning link to manually provision the phone?
    Please note that we tested a N510 with firmware 42.245 and the phone provisioned and registered normally after adding the provisioning link in the phone settings.

4. Mischa Sz.

Hi Yiannis

Manual provisioning according to the manual on your website (adding the provisioning link to the phone settings). We always receive an error "no lines configured". We have a second N510 with older firmware (42.243) at the same customer location and provisioning works fine.

Your support told me that the last confirmed version is an earlier one (don't recall which version) and therefore I thought that the newer firmware is the reason for the issue. However, because you now confirm that it should work I'm going to try again and let you know.

Regards
    Mischa

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please try it again and let us know as we also got confirmation from Gigaset that provisioning is working with the current templates and firmware 42.245.

6. JnB_be

We have the same issue just deployed 2x new n510 on 245 with the same issue.
    Says no lines configured

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.