• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Siemens Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgilmour

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to use the Siemens Optipoint or OpenStage phones with 3CX. I was using SIPX but I keep on loosing connections with my phones and cannot make calls. Need to reset box to regain contact.
Thanks
Scott

hello,

today this phone is not compatible -> http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/.

their is no advised to use phone which are not in list.

have good day.

The list is quite huge and has almost all the popular sip phones.

Andy

I have the optipoint 420 working fine in a test scenario with the 3CX system. It does have older firmware loaded to it (5.0.27). I had to set it up as sip server type = other, sip routing = server and changed the port in sip registrar and sip server to 5060 -- it was set to 5070. Not sure what it is out of the box. I also enabled the sip session timer, but don't think that will matter.

Since there is no template everything will have to be configured manually I suppose via the WBM interface. The 420 is a good phone set, but it's not inexpensive. There are a couple of different hardware versions out there and some things don't function in the older versions when the code is updated. Lots of information on versions, etc. at http://wiki.siemens-enterprise.com

Of course using a phone not tested could turn out badly, and I would we hesitant to say the least to do that in a production system. Might get more worries that it's worth. But, if the customer already owned a bunch of these might be worth the gamble for them.

I think the sip engine in the 410 is mostly the same code except it's not self labeling, which is more a function internal to the phone with sip. Although I have not tested it I See no reason why it wouldn't work as well. I had a customer who had done some extensive testing of these on a couple of other sip servers and they had no large issues. Seemed to work at least basically with anything they threw it at. I would stay away from the original optipoint 400 model. It's very limited and being early hardware no update code is released for some time now. If you have issue you might try to get some different versions of the code and possibly have better luck. Sorry, I don't know of anywherethe code is posted by siemens anymore -- sadly it seems they decided to lock that availability to partners only.

No idea on the openstage, but they do have info on use of that one with asterisk -- so most likely it would register and have some function.
Best of luck -- Yon L.

A follow up:
Tested the optipoint 420 with V7 R1.4.0 and all seemed fine. Updated phone firmware to most current V7 R5.6.0 and did more testing. All basic functions seemed to work fine. Make calls, receive calls, transfer, hold, conference, even multiline (even though there was no led status on optipoint using soft phone as main line). Phone stayed registered. Only issue I did notice was Music on Hold does not work when the Siemens Optipoint places a call on hold. --- Supposedly the hold music on these should come from a file stored in the phone set, but there is notation in Siemens wiki that MOH is not supported in SIP version of the optipoint. So, seems it functions with some restrictions using the 3CX phone system V8.0.10824.716.

There is a listing in the release notes for optipoint earlier firmware version for "phone set occasionally unregisters". Possibly, answer to the original problem of registration issues... Give Update to current firmware a try.

I like this phone for some of the keyset type features, self-labeling, etc. -- Could be viable if moh issue and lack of template resolved, but still there are probably more cost effective solutions with better compatibility.
Yon l

Anyone been able to configure an OpenStage based phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.