Signal Delay in Converstations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lateralis_m, Oct 18, 2007.

1. lateralis_m

I am experiencing an issue on my inbound and outbound calls, where the conversation doesn't release the phone signal immediately after my last word. It almost takes a few seconds after I speak before the conversation is turned over to the caller on the other end of the phone. If the caller tries to say something, while I am talking, we step all over each other and we have to repeat ourselves. It is almost like only one of us can speak at a time and we have to wait a few seconds after the last person speaks.

Doe anyone have any suggestions or has anyone experienced this issue???

I have a Grandstream GXW410x with Cisco 7960 phone.

Please advise...

Norm

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

On the gateway options, in this case on the Grandstram options under 3cx web configuration, if you have PBX delivers sound on... try to disable it....

Cheers

3. lateralis_m

Thank you for your response....I've tried disabling this option and I still experience the same issue...I've tried disabling and re-enabling...same issue....

Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue...

Regards - Norm

4. Stuck

Hello Norm,

I also have experienced for a few months now the same issue with the Grandstream GXW-4104 (using Grandstream budget tone 200 phones), a VERY annoying delay in conversations that is enough to drive you absolutely bonkers! :wink:

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of posts related to audio problems with the Grandstream gateways, too bad considering they seem to be the easiest to setup with 3CX and are the most price competitive.......

Most people in the forum seem to recommend either Patton or Audiocodes gateways for their audio quality. So, we are currently in the process of checking them out.

We also have a Broadvoice VOIP line in use more or less just to see how dependable it might be for small business use, I have to say that we are contemplating dropping our Verizon POTS lines altogether & just going all VOIP (& at the same time eliminating the need for an FXO gateway altogether.)

5. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Oh, i forgot one thing, try to disable on the extension you're using.... the Bind to Media Server. That option creates a bit of delay on any conversation you might have, from PSTN line or Voip.... If you already have this option disabled... then im out of ideas....

Cheers

6. Ryandc

Whether your extensions are bound to the media server are not doesn't make any difference if your Gateway is bound to the media server. If the Gateway is bound, then the PBX is part of the traffic flow to your phones anyway.

I'm one of those that had a horrible experience with the Grandstream gateways. Binding them to the PBX increased call quality dramatically but incurred an incredibly annoying delay.

I'd recommend dumping the Gateway and getting a better one, or, as we did, going to a straight VOIP solution if your Internet pipe can handle it.

7. LLangston

When we were using the GrandStream products (gateway and phones) we had to bind the extensions to the Media Server to be able to transfer calls. We had so much trouble with the audio quality...choppiness, delay, static, etc. that we finally threw in the towel on them and went with AudioCodes gateway and Polycom phones. I agree that it is a shame as the GrandStreams were easy to configure with 3CX and the price was great, but our customers would have not tolerated the audio issues that we encountered with them.

8. lateralis_m

Thank you all for your replies...

I've installed an Audio Codes MP-114 and I am still experiencing the same problems.....There is not difference in the sound quality between the Grandstream and AudioCodes installed on our system. There must be a setting somewhere that controls the delay...

Regards.

Norm

9. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good evening

This may sound silly but it can happen. Check your jitter buffer settings on the phones to make sure you don't have them set to high. Setting them to high can cause delay as well. You an drop the setting lower to see if that helps and then adjust from there if you notice a difference.

Take care