Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Silence on Call transfer Waiting?!?!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mhanson, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhanson

mhanson New Member

On a new install, my system works just fine.

One thing I found odd is that when I receive calls from the outside, they can get to my digital receptionist, then when they enter a choice, I get the your call is being transferred message, but then nothing. The Call will transfer through, but there is no ringing sound or music, just silence until the recipient picks up. This is very misleading to the customers calling in, as the silence leads them to think that they have been cut off.

Is there a way to set the sound, or make the line ring?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

When the call is being transferred, you should hear the music on hold.

Please ensure that the music on hold has been set up correctly from the 3CX configuration -> Settings-> General.

Ensure you can click on play and the music file is played correctly on the 3CX machine.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi, mhanson

As far as your problem cannot be indentified basing on your information (see guidelines http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html ) then, in addition to Alex's recommendations, try to set "Supports re-Invite"=off for entity(PSTN gateway, VoIP provider, Extenstion) which doesn't play "music on hold" that is provided by PBX.

Thanks

4. Rusty23

Thanks SY,

I had a similar issue, a call would come in, my digital receptionist would give them the options, they would make their selection it would ring the correct queue and play the hold music. When the operator chatted for a while before popping them back on hold it would say "you are being placed on hold" but then dead silence.

This solved the problem I was having but took me a while to find!

Thanks

I experienced this issue on 3CX V10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.