• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Silent Voicemails left by government agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucsouth-sarah

Reaction score
We completed our first 3CX install last month, and by and large, the system works great and the customer is happy with it.

However, this particular customer gets a lot of calls from United States government agencies (Social Security, VA, etc). When the receptionist transfers these calls to a user's voicemail, it always leaves a long silent message. This problem ONLY occurs with various government agencies.

We are using a 16-call path standard version of 3CX connected to a Patton gateway.

I'm still in the 'research' stage of this problem, but I am posting in the hopes that someone has run into this issue before and knows a quick way to fix it. Thanks!

I remembered that something similar, involving government callers, came up previously... not certain that there was a resolution

http://www.3cx.com/forums/q-voice-mail-the-first-5-to-10-seconds-got-cut-off-28685.html

Are you very familiar with doing wireshark captures?
I would be curious to see a wireshark capture from the 3CX system when the issue happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.