Silently transfer from Queue to Queue when no answer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

I want to have a Queue of Agents who are the "primary" agents for the queue.

If the call goes unanswered for X seconds I then want the call to be answered by a bank of "backup" agents.

Is there a way of transferring the call to the Backup agents without the caller knowing (i.e. "Please hold whilst I transfer your call")

Thanks

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @asmith3006 ,

you can replace the "PLSHOLD" prompt with a blank wav file.
    To do this:
    1. go to Settings>>System Prompts>>Manage Prompt Sets
    2. Click on the "Copy Prompt Set" button and give the new prompt set a name
    3. Open the "Active prompt set" , select the newly created prompt set and the click on OK
    4. Back in the prompts settings screen, search for "PLSHOLD", select it and click "Browse"
    5. Select the preexisting empty.wav found in the PBX directory (Windows:C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts Linux:/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Ivr/Prompts )
    6. Go into the queue in question under General>>Options and change "Queue Language" to the new prompt set.

Please note that if you want this to change for IVRs as well you need to go into each IVR and change the "Digital Receptionist Language" option. Then restart the IVR service.

Hope this helps!

3. asmith3006

This is the part I hadn't done.

I've now followed your steps, but it's made no difference, I still get the "Please Hold" announcement regardless of which language I select. However if I select the "Standard English" I get the american announcement instead. It's as if it's ignoring the Empty.wav file and using the original anyway

Edit: Uploading a file has no effect. I can see the transfer in the console but the GUI does not change

#3 asmith3006, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I forgot to mention that you will need to restart the queue manager service. It would be better to restart all services when you can so that this change will take effect in all features of the PBX.

5. asmith3006

I'm not able to upload a WAV, I don't get an error but "Empty.wav" isn't showing on the page after "uploading" it

6. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The name of the file will not change, only the audio. Select the "PLSHOLD" prompt and "Play by phone" or "Download" to check what it contains.

7. asmith3006

Ah I see. May I suggest a "File uploaded" confirmation box or something? at the moment there's no positive feedback on success.

Thanks for the help

8. AndreasPo_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The logic is that if you don't get an error then it means it has succeeded but if you believe that this should be added to the interface you can suggest it in our Ideas section of the forum where it can be up-voted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.