• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Simple Transfer possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Reaction score
In our current phone system (and the previous one) we have a series of BLF keys for our users that perform multiple tasks. There is only one BLF key per user.

1. Blind transfer - Answer the phone - Press the BLF of the person (if they are free) you need to connect - put down the handset to connect the caller to the person you just called.

2. Attended transfer - Answer the phone - Press the BLF of the person you need to connect - speak to the person - put down the phone if you want to connect or end the call with a key to get back to the caller.

This is as simple as it gets and they have been used to doing it this way for many years.

Is this type of call flow possible with 3cx and any of the hard phones.

Thanks

Mike

It would be dependant on the exact model of hard phones and the associated template that has been built for that phone, but in theory yes, more than possible.

At very most (assuming it's a supported phone) you might have to tweak the template file to achieve your exact requirements (it's not too scary, template files tend to be well tagged with notes), that's what we did with Yealink's and have them working how you describe (and with a few additional peculiarities that are team were also used to).

If you already have SIP handsets I'd recommend firing up a free 3cx install on Google and having a play around to make sure it possible. If you're starting afresh we mainly recommend Yealink & Favill to our customers depending on their price point.

Dave.

In our current phone system (and the previous one) we have a series of BLF keys for our users that perform multiple tasks. There is only one BLF key per user.

1. Blind transfer - Answer the phone - Press the BLF of the person (if they are free) you need to connect - put down the handset to connect the caller to the person you just called.

2. Attended transfer - Answer the phone - Press the BLF of the person you need to connect - speak to the person - put down the phone if you want to connect or end the call with a key to get back to the caller.

This is as simple as it gets and they have been used to doing it this way for many years.

Is this type of call flow possible with 3cx and any of the hard phones.

Thanks

Mike
Hi Mike,
It's possible. I have the same setup and I used Yealink and Grandstream phones.
I set the "Select transfer method used (Blind or Attended) when you press a DSS key" method to the "Attended/Consultative transfer" and have the exact functionality like you need.

@phonemaster Thanks for the real world experience.

Everything I read says you have to press transfer twice to do this.

Just to double check on attended transfer mode I can

1.answer a call
2.press the dss key of who the call is for
3.announce the call
4.hangup to connect the originating call with the third party

Sorry to labor the point but other posts say you have to use the transfer key..

@phonemaster Thanks for the real world experience.

Everything I read says you have to press transfer twice to do this.

Just to double check on attended transfer mode I can

1.answer a call
2.press the dss key of who the call is for
3.announce the call
4.hangup to connect the originating call with the third party

Sorry to labor the point but other posts say you have to use the transfer key..

I don't know what other posts says;)
I'm giving you the real-time functionality that I have now on my customer's side:
Phone B is configured with "Select transfer method used (Blind or Attended) when you press a DSS key" method to the "Attended/Consultative transfer".
* Extension A calls to extension B
* Extension B press the BLF key configured to monitor the extension C
* Extension C is ringing
a) Bling transfer - B is not waiting until C will answer the call and hangup the phone - A and C are in the call
b) Attended transfer - B is waiting until C will answer the call, they are talk and B hangup the phone - A and C are in the call

NOTE: Remember that I have it working using the supported Yealink and Grandstream phones. I don't know about the other models.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Thanks that’s good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.