Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Simultaneous Calls Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nunzionuk, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunzionuk

Hi, we are having an issue with our 8 Simultaneous Calls install. Currently we are only able to have 4 Simultaneous Calls before we get told that we are exceeding the license.

My question is, does having the PBX Deliver audio checked take up an extra call? As we need this option, but also need to be able to get 8 calls at once.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

PBX delivers audio wouldn't have anything to do with simultaneous calls. Maybe we need to look into what actually consists of a call in this situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

I was thinking that 1 extension to extension call was considered 2 calls. So two simultaneous extension to extension calls would tie up 4 licenses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nbailey

nbailey Member

no it doesn't work like that. one ext to ext = 1 call, two ext calling two different ext = 2 calls, 1 ext calling voicemail = 1 call, 1 ext calling another ext then holding and transferring to another ext =1 call then 2 calls while 1 is on hold and then 1 again when the transfer is complete. It is the actual call itself that counts as a call and not how many devices are connected.

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

can you go to the 3CX Console, >> Settings >> Activate Licence and see what it says for Product and let us know

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

did you check licensing status as Davidbenwell asked? I sort of got off track to your original question.
    I have seen instances when it has reverted back to a free edition from licensed. and free = 4 SC so that
    could be the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.