• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Simultaneous calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_voip

Reaction score
I have the calls set for 10, I have tried calling to a call group and I'm able to get two calls on the same number, I only have two hard extensions for testing. Do you need to allow for transferring calls in this number?

Good evening

Good evening,

When you say that you have the # of simultaneous calls set to 10, do you mean the setting on a single line?

The number of simultaneous calls that a given line can handle is dependant on the number of channels that the line has. Most VoIP providers allow channels per line by default. Their are some that will allow you to add more for a fee.

How many channels does the line you are using support?

Channels

Very hard to say how many channels as it's presently going through a firewall with only 1 port (5060) opened. If I could find my USB handset and maybe add another softphone thru a headset I might be able to test a bit more. I can't find any info on the VSP(MyNetFone) website that gives any indicataion of how many channels are allowed at once. This feature will be very handy when I start the FOIP project soon, our FAX server needs a few more lines.

You probably need to adjust your ports to use for external calls on the general tab this is defaulted to 9000-9003 ie two calls

channels not ports

I have only one port I can use thru the firewall at the moment, yes I will get more, and I have still managed 2 calls on the same SIP number. I haven't found the rest of my voip gear at home so testing how many channels I can get will have to wait.. Tomorrow, I'll connect a SPA3000 as a trunk so I can interface with the pabx extension, I already have an ATA on the exchange side of the pabx. The object of the exercise to have remote offices as virtual extensions off the pabx. I already have 8 ATAs ready to install.

Have a look at the general tab unless you change this you will not be able to get mor than two external voip calls working as there will be no more allocated ports in 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.