• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Simultaneous calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitri Colier

Reaction score
I want to set up 3cx in my compagny but I need to know something: if I take 16 simultaneous calls, does it count 16 simultaneous internal calls or internal & external calls?

Hello @Dimitri Colier

Please note that both Internal and external calls are counted towards the licence. If an external caller is connect to an internal extension that counts as 1 simultaneous call. if 2 internal extensions talk to each other that is still 1 simultaneous call.

And to further expand on this ...

The typical requirement is 1 SC for every 3-4 extensions. If you're doing a lot of outbound or receiving a lot of inbound calls, adjust accordingly.

Most 20-25 extension sites that I do use an 8SC license and I've yet to have a call from one of them saying "It's not enough!"

Reactions: Chris Barber
I have an install with 70 extensions and they went with a 32 license hoping to never run out.

If there is a breach of your simultaneous call limit then this is normally an audio response which informs you of this, this can be replaced with an audio wav file of an engaged tone if required.

Be aware that simultaneous calls also count for audio conferences (not webmeeting) so make sure you check if you have these regularly and how many participants take part. Queued calls can be an issue also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.