simultaneous outbound calling using GXW4108 from grandstream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by girishpeswani, Sep 21, 2007.

1. girishpeswani

There is a workaround mentioned on grandstream support site as well as 3cx support site
    http://www.grandstream.com/documents/3CXConfigurationGuidewithGrandstreamSIPProducts.pdf

for me the 1st outbound call works well ,
    the next outbound call has a problem ( so cannot actually make more then 1 outbound call)

The issue I am facing is after the 2nd outbound call is registered and the audio channel is established between the caller and the party on the PSTN end , the call disconnects in 3 to 5 seconds.

As per the configuration guide :
    -============
    Special notes regarding the GrandStream GXW-4104

This device may appear to hang up calls which are not answered within 30 seconds. This behaviour is due to the device considering that the call is NOT ESTABLISHED until some extension answers.

To enable complex call forwarding which may require over 30 seconds before call pickup, a workaround will be necessary.

1. Create a Digital Receptionist, attaching a short audio prompt (we suggest you use a silent 1-second WAV file).
    2. Set Timeout to 1 second.
    3. Set your intended forwarding using the "Action after timeout" and "Extension Number" fields.
    4. Leave all key actions to "0 No Action"
    5. Go to the bottom of the page and click OK
    ============================
    I This solution has not helped.

Pl. assist me with providing correct alternative solution

2. jlebeau

That fix you mentioned applies to inbound calls. You mentioned a problem with outbound calls. To figure that out, you would need to give some more information: firmware version, 3CX version, configuration of the gateway, etc. Call logs might help too.