• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Simultaneous ring in queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaoret

Reaction score
It's possible to ring all ext in a queue simoultaneously?

No. There's 'Ring all' group for that.

Ok, I i've seen that, but this option doesn't permit to use a "music on hold" like in the queues...

In this moment both metods have incomplete functions compared to other PBX...

In a queue the call has been answered so people are waiting on the line listening to music on hold. In a ring group the caller is not answered until someone picks up the phone. This means that the caller must still hear the ringing tone until pickup. You cannot have music on hold if the phone has not been answered and placed on hold or in queue. Now what is it I am missing?

In other PBX we have tried (Voispeed - Asterisk - Swyx) there are some more possibilities:

1 - in queues we can choose to ring all agents simultaneously

2 - in ring groups we can choose to send a audio file instead of ring tone

3 - in both previous cases we can chose to send an announcement audio file BEFORE the phones start ringing

obviously these are suggestions for future enhancements, I think that 3CX is a geat product, but it can grow to became better (if not the best).

gmaoret said:
Ok, I i've seen that, but this option doesn't permit to use a "music on hold" like in the queues...

In this moment both metods have incomplete functions compared to other PBX...

Hi,

I'm trying to imagine business process where requested functionality of queue will be critical (or, at least, "nice to have"). I'm talking about "ring all".
Could you please describe it? It can help us to decide whether this finctionality is necessary or not.

Thanks

One of the case is:

2 (or more) operators that can respond to an external call - both phones ring at the same time and the first operator that pick up call respond to it.

Since noone respond, the pbx play "You are online with <<<name of the company>>>. All operators are busy. Please wait until an operator respond to your call.".

The 80% of our clients want this functionality

Unless I am missing something here, that is what you get with 3CX.

PSTN->DR->Q->RG

Call comes in from PSTN, call gets picked up by DR (Digital Receptionist - For Sales press 1, for support press 2 etc etc), caller presses 1 for Sales. Call goes into Sales Queue which is associated with the Sales Ring Group. caller gets message, and position announced in queue, Sales Ring Group exts ring. Sales agent picks up call, caller now connected with Sales agent.

Is that what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.