Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Simultaneous ring -- multiple issues [SP1]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This seemed to be a quick fix for some people but because of how it is implemented it isn't very usable right now. I am sure it will continue to improve based on our feedback and suggestions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bangsjaman

Since SP1 I am also lacking some comments from 3CX...but I also know that this is a user-to-user forum. Not for 3CX Support.

But there isnt really any other place to report bugs?

To Daves problems, I must also add (as mentioned in another thread) that if simultaneous ringing is activated and a queue is called with the extension as a member, then the mobile will ring but call will hangup if answered.
    As others has pointed out since the feature has not been explained yet by 3CX, then I cant know if this is working as intended. But I guess a phonesystem should never hang up a call this way?

But if others dont have the same problem with SP1 it could be that only my upgrade has gone wrong?

3. matictec

matictec New Member

Can confirm the hang up when a there is a call in the queue and the mobile ring simultaneous that is answered by mobile. only if the extension is called directly it works.

so for me this is a bug and must be fixed as soon as possible. if somebody found a bug, i think 3cx prefer to open a ticket. but i think that 3x can open ticket its own if possible bug is found and posted here in the forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Yes, in a way you do misunderstand these forums to an extent. As they sate, these are not support forums, they are community supported. At the reseller training we were told that they are moderated but not watched as a means of providing support. There are a few of the engineers who do chime in once in a while and even Nick will speak up on occasion but if you are having a real issue, then open a support ticket, that is the primary means of providing information to 3CX. If you post in the forums, other users will probably comment, suggest workarounds, or share their experiences but your odds of getting actual support from 3CX in the forums is relatively low. The general policy is:

Got a bug, open a support ticket
    Got a feature request, post it at http://ideas.3cx.com

5. bangsjaman

Thanks Matictec for confirming this as a bug.

I find it problematic that you can only report a bug by opening a support ticket. I dont have any support package because I have no problems using or configuring the system that I cant solve my self or with a little help from the forum. :)

But bugs I cant fix. And I cant report them the 'correct way'..

I have pointed out severeal bug in this forum and mostly 3cx confirms it after a while, but sometimes it seems they forget to do something about the problem, and I cant track status of the bug.
    So a dedicated bug reporting system would be nice.

But please somebody report this as a bug by a support ticket. Thanks.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Dave,
    I couldn't agree with you more and I have talked to Nick about this several times. We finally just got a dedicated feature request system so I see 3CX making progress (even if it feels slow sometimes). I really believe that a system such as a phone system needs community involvement in order to thrive and become something that is beneficial to a larger number of users. I would love to see 3CX implement something like trac or some other system that we could be a part of. It really helps the person submitting the bug and allows a documented two-way communication between the developers and the bug reporter. I could go on about other advantages but they are pretty obvious. I always posts the bugs and issues I find to the forums so other people know that its not just them with an issue or to have other people validate the same issue. Then I can report it via the ticket system and include the thread. Its not perfect and I feel your frustration. I think if Nick saw that more people really want to be involved and could offer really valid input, he would be open to just about anything, its always a matter of making a business case and having convincing reasons.

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Not exactly true, you just don't tend to get them publicly acknowledged in the forums. If you open a support ticket it will be acknowledged.

What I meant is that they need a business case made as to why this should be made public.

8. matictec

matictec New Member

my problem with the 3cx support is that also support tickets are not always solved. a big problem is that the want very much logs, traces and so on. it seems that they do not have a testing environment. we have two virtual environment and one physical environment (if necessary) for testing. we have even different phones, gateways and atas only for testing, especially if one of our costumers have a problem.

an example: i open a ticket for a issue with srtp when using snom phones. if a call is started from one snom to anaother snom only the rtp stream of the called party is encrypted, th rtp stream of the caller is not encyrpted. we can reproduce this issue on different systems. and send the 3cx support package to the support, but the do not want to look up for the problem when no wireshark capture is done, although the sip-messages are included in the support packages. because we have done this test on a virtuozo system no capture is possible. so we have to setup our physical test environment only to do the same things but with a wireshark capture that will do not give more needed information. ok. perhaps this is my personal opinion that i think they need an own test environment and give ticktes a try without a capture.

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I completely understand and agree with Dave. I can only help explain what their current methodology is, I am not trying to justify it nor say it is perfect. I would personally love to see public facing bug tracker even if only premium partners could get access. I am a big believer in transparency when it comes to bug tracking.

10. bangsjaman

In the lastest update this problem still exists. Can anyone from 3CX confirm that this bug is being worked on?

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What is the problem exactly?

The feature was ring my mobile and extension at the same time. THis is what we did.

Procedure to perform this is as follows

In mobile field add mobile number with outbound rule
    At this point the dialer plugin will be registered and associated with the extension
    Then go to the forwarding rules and select Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time.
    Make a call to this extension and both the mobile and the extension will ring.

What is not working? You will see 2 invites - one to the extension and one to the outbound carrier.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Dave: A bug should be reported properly with logs, supported with wireshark captures and generated support information.

This is not notepad.exe that we are developing here. This is high technical stuff. Tell us what is wrong in the feature we implemented because for me, we provided exactly what 90 % of the sip users want. Ring my mobile and extension at the same time. That is exactly what we did. Maybe there is something wrong in the configuration of your gateway - for example maybe you have early media enabled - this will break everything for you because it will answer.

If you need help to get this working, tell us and we will help you.
    If you are not happy with the feature it would be advisable to open a feature request.

Matitec : About the testing team - of course we have a testing and support team working 24/7. And yes we want wireshark captures. Why you cannot provide them is not our problem.Why should we we search in mb of log files just because you cannot use the most basic engineering tool on earth called wireshark because you decide to go against 3CX recommendations and use Virtuozo? Wireshark depicts the problems easier. We use the logs as a secondary base and backup to get 3CX core information and stats.

Also this is completely ridiculous comment. The whole sip world asks for wireshark captures - you are complaining because 3CX asks for them? Go to snom, patton or any other manufacturer and open a support request on their products - see what they will ask you for after the first email thread.

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes it is an open forum for a product with a generous free section in my opinion compared to other products. There are support agreements with SLA's and you can purchase them. You will get support staff to answer your questions within 24 hours.

Read manual, documentation and forums help a lot. If the machine is healthy installer errors will not occur. Everything is inbuilt in 3CX. You dont need to install a database for example - we package with it. There is no need for a webserver. We package it too. We package the sip engine, we have good documentation, active forums, blogs, videos, i fields, - come one information is out there. this is not a closed box or you have to dig heavily or run telnet and command prompt scripts to run the application.

No the feature was to ring my mobile and my extension simultaneously. And this is exactly what we provided. If you want something else create a dummy ring group and add anything you want in there. If you want to work, this is non trivial for you. In the meantime open a feature request and work with this workaround until it is implemented. We are always looking for positive and negative feedback. We take serious action on many requests. And we have workarounds you can apply. Workarounds that you can implement until we nail the problem - if there is a problem.

I guided you in what you need to do. Enter mobile number with prefix, enable checkbox in rules and call the extension. it will work out of the box. if there are problems I would like to know what they are because keep in mind that the problem might not be in 3CX after all.

Wireshark capture takes 2 seconds. this is ridiculous. It took you more time to complain on this tread. You have time to moan here but you see a simple wireshark capture as time consuming? Again this is ridiculous. Other sip products drown in wireshark captures because it is the best way to troubleshoot network errors, sip errors and truckloads of other responses. We are not asking you to analyze them - we just want you to send it. Go and open a support request whereever you want - see with your own eyes what they tend to ask for. I open support requests as well on enterprise mainstream sip manufacturers - I know what I am talking about because I also ask for support like you. No one can work without a capture.

This feature works 100%. If you are in doubt prove me otherwise. If there is a bug i will not think twice of saying so just like I do with thousands of my partners and beta testers on a daily basis. Our intentions are to fix the problems not hide them. yes you might have configured it incorrectly. You might need to tweak your gateway. You might be using unsupported stuff. You might have a network condition. You might have some port leak on the machine. who knows?

The community can open bug reports yes - but they are selected. Others can open from the forums and title the subject BUG. There are people monitoring the forums every single day and on the lookout for bug reports. Others can open issues through a special portal. We have honeypots, and servers out on the internet for users to test and prove their results - they also agreed to pass through bug reporting training too. And most of all they are more than willing to make wireshark captures. How can you expect to post bugs without having actual proof of what you are experiencing?

I am taking time to answer you and see what the problem is and in return you stay writing compositions with notepad. Just tell me what the problem is and justify your findings with a backup and a capture. I'm not asking for much. You can send it to my email nb@3cx.com since there will be sensitive information there which is not to be put on the forums.

14. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-We do in fact have a Testing Team with all the proper tools / equipment.
    -A lot of the issues we ask logs for are only reproducible on very few machines / Network configurations.
    -We need logs / captures to see what's happening on YOUR systems, we are not the one's having the issues, you are.

We always try to reproduce your issues in our Test environments, but please understand that in most cases we cannot replicate your issues due to many factors... Different Network Configuration, maybe you installed a random Microsoft Script or an SQL Server or framework 1.1.
    That's why we ask for info from YOUR systems, there's no way we would know what the problem without logs / captures.

15. Rolf_D

I dunno about you but teh 3cx support
    helped me with meny of my rescent
    problems, i have insurance / support
    contracts with them and they help
    me out every time.
    They seem to be very polite and kind and
    professional in theyr replies.

Rolf D

16. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

DaveD,

As a 3CX Professional, i am bound to be polite to everyone on the forum, i am not allowed to make "Angry" posts.
    I am simply telling you the facts of what is needed by our side to help you, nothing more, nothing less.

This forum is Community led, the fact that we do try and help people having issues is already unfair to many of our partners who pay to get support from us on the forums and the support portal.

Having said that, i am locking this thread as it is getting out of hand.
    You are welcome to make constructive comments about the 3CX Phonesystem in another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.