Simultaneous shared parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by weshader, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weshader

I have run across a scenario in which two separate calls are simultaneously parked into the same shared parking orbit (e.g. SP0). the result is this:

One call is rejected and the other is parked. The caller that was NOT successfully parked only gets dead air but the call will continue for as long as you let it. Has anyone ran into this issue before and come up with a suitable way to avoid it?

Update 1

Added a complete section of the server activity log when this problem occurs.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We had this issue with Yealink when we first started and they fixed their firmware. What phones are you using?
    Are they a supported phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weshader

Thank you for the response Craig.

The phones are Yealink T46G currently running FW version 28.73.0.45.

4. craigreilly

I am going to test this right now as I have same device.
    On the second call, I get Transfer Failed. And the call is on hold. I have to hit resume to get it back.
    I see you are getting the reason busy in the Log - but I do not see that in mine.

The verbose logs might be a little more helpful in diagnosing.

On your Yealink, in the template, are you doing a key type = 10 ? Or are you doing this from the extension phone provisioning tab? I checked the Extension Provisioning Tab, and it too used Type 10 for Shared Park. So, I do not think this is it.

(I tried this from the same T46. Perhaps I need to goto another phone and try the second park, but I expect it would work the same.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. weshader

I can re-post the logs as verbose if needed. I am using the phone provisioning tab to set the SP* keys. I am also using two separate phones with two separate inbound calls. I'm trying to simulate a real world situation that our users may run into.

6. craigreilly

I tested real-world - 2 different phones and had the same behavior. Worked fine.

This sounds cliche, can you factory reset 2 of the devices and reprovision to see if it helps?

Maybe something with the provider, and re-invites? I am using SigmaVoIP. We dropped Nexvortex. Too many issues.

7. weshader

Honestly, I wouldn't have the first idea if the provider had something to do with this, but I also have services with Callcentric, who i am moving away from because of some limitations. I will test with them and see if i get the same result. So far, I have reset the phones and re-provisioned them with no change in the behavior. I will update once I test with callcentric.

Update

Tested using Callcentric with the same result.

8. craigreilly

this sure is interesting... sorry I can't provide any more insight.

9. weshader

Thank you for trying. I feel good knowing that your system works, however I will need to reproduce those results on my system before I proceed with 3cx. Do you know if they provide pre-sales technical support other than this forum?

10. craigreilly

I just thought of something - the DEMO license is limited in number of active calls to 2 - yes?

You may not be able to park 2 calls as
    1) Call in Park
    2) Active Call

A third channel can not be activated to make the transfer.
    Put the second call on hold and try to make a new call. what happens?

11. weshader

Actually I have a fully licensed 4SC version that I purchased for testing beyond the 2 call limit.

12. craigreilly

Well throw that idea out the window.
    Who did you buy the license from?
    They sometimes have some insight to this type of stuff. Others may chime in as well.

$375 for a 4 license support contract may be well worth it to help you thru any first year headaches...
    (Even though this will become your TEST system - might be worth it)

13. weshader

I purchased from an online re-seller, www.telephonydepot.com. They resell the support plans also. I'll check with them. Thanks again for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.