• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Since update 15.5.15502.6 Outbound caller ID malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate H

Customer
Reaction score
Currently I have two DIDs setup on the SIP trunk. Outbound parameters are set to pull the caller ID from the extension settings in management console. The issue is when a outbound call is placed from a Yealink 746g the outbound caller ID is using the wrong Phone #. But when outbound call is placed from the 3cx phone app the outbound caller ID shows correctly as specified in Ext settings.

Example:

Ext. 100 is set to use 000-000-0001 as outbound caller ID.
When Ext. 100 dials out from a Yealink t46g the outbound caller ID is 000-000-0002.
When Ext. 100 dials out from 3cx phone app the outbound caller ID is 000-000-0001.

Seems that the Yealinks are negating the outbound parameters and sending incorrect SIP headers.

I have seen it where a number, put in a Caller ID field, of a set, will override other settings. You may need to see if there is something that can be changed to "empty", or a setting that affects this.
Was there a firmware update done on the set?

Last edited:
Hello @Nate H

Please make sure that the Yealink phone is provisioned using the default template and it is not manually registered to the extension.
Also you might need to use wireshark to verify what the PBX is sending to the provider. In both cases the Invite leaving the PBX should contain the same Outbound caller ID.

I have gone through and re provisioned all Yealink phones using default templates. I have fully updated the firmware on all of the phones. While working with the SIP provider we are seeing the invites are being received. The same situation is occuring where the yealink phones when placing outbound calls have the incorrect outbound caller id in the invite on the providers side. But when outbound calls are placed with the 3cx phone app the invite has the correct outbound caller ID set. Any other ideas?

Try resetting a phone to factory defaults and re-provision it to see if you can replicate the issue in case a setting is not overwritten by re-provision. If the issue still persists after that you will need to perform a capture on the Phone System to see what is arriving from the phone and what is being sent to the provider.

When I re-provisioned all of the phones I did set them to factory default. This is the invite and SIP header of test call from VOIP phone to the PBX. On the left is yealink assigned to ext 200 and on the right is 3cx phone app signed into ext 200.
lhzq3l

This shows the outbound caller ID on ext setting.
lhzr8j

This shows outbound parameters.
lhzryt

Unfortunately the image of the Outbound parameters shows the P-Asserted-Identity SIP field and the image of the Invite message shows the From and To sip field so we do not have a clear picture of the configuration.
Also that does not look like an Invite from the phone to the PBX as the "From" SIP field should contain the extensions name and the extensions number and not the outbound caller ID of the extension.
How many trunks are you using on the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.