Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Single extension to only be able to dial one number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wardster, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardster

Hi all, having looked at outgoing dial plans and how "interesting" :lol: they are to set up, I just want to be able to have a single phone in a factory location that will only allow one single number to be dialled from that phone.
    As the number is local to the area in the UK to be dialled, then a dial plan for that extension can be setup to only allow a number that does not have, shall we say, 01 preceding the number dialled.
    EG - Number needed is 612345
    Area code is 01623
    Therefore, full STD number is 01623 612345.
    As I am inside the 01623 area, then I can just dial 9 (for outside line) then 612345 having setup a rule to bar numbers starting 01, can I not?
    Then again, wouldn't this leave the phone open to abuse, so any numbers in the 01623 area could be dialled, which I do not want!

Or would it just be easier to get a phone with "off hook auto dial" function, so as soon as the handset is picked up, the phone dials the pre programmed number?

Cheers for any responses!!

2. tim.medley

If I understand what you are trying to do, you could use an outbound dial rules and extension groups to create Class of Services.

Start by putting all your extensions that can make all types of calls, into an extension group, name it whatever you wish, but for example, "All Phones". Next create a second extension group, for the single restricted phone and for example call it "Restricted"

Create an Outbound Rule and set "Calls starting with" to "901623 612345" and set the "Calls from Extension groups" to include the restricted and All Phones groups.

Next create/modify Outbound Rules for your normal calls and set the "Calls from Extension groups" to only include the All Phones group; not the Restricted group.

This should restrict the "Restricted" group extension to only being able to dial 01623 612345.

hth

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snowsam

I created a phone that could only dial one number for our reception area. As you suggested, I took the other approach by putting the restriction into the phone. When the receiver is lifted, it dials the one number immediately. No keys have to be pressed and you can never get a dial tone with which to dial any other numbers.

I'm using a Polycom I had setting around, but most phones have this "hot phone"/bat phone capability.

It works great for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.