SIP ALG

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeyG.IT, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyG.IT

Does SIP ALG play any factor when using a patton gateway? I am experiencing no outgoing call audio on a coule calls a day. According to my call log the calls goes out but I have no audio.

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Do you have 9000-9500 open and pointed to 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeyG.IT

No. From my understanding I didn't know that is important when not using a voip provider. I am using analog lines with a patton gateway.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

SIP ALG should not effect the calls as they are not going out via the Internet connection. That being said always turn off SIP ALG.

If you are using analogue lines (and bear in mind I am not sure where this gateway is located) check you do not have any PBX-like features enabled on the lines (e.g. FeatureLine in the UK) as this would change the tones and is incompatible.

Plug a standard phone into the line and confirm you get dialtone and sounds normal.

You could also try debugging the FXO: https://www.patton.com/support/kb_art.asp?art=327&
    Use the FXO commands only.

5. MikeyG.IT

What other things could be causing this? 99% of incoming and outgoing calls work just fine. There is just a random couple of outgoing calls that don't have audio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.