Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP authentification settings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wohlert, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wohlert

There is a bug with the password for SIP-Server:
    If I set the extension in the phone system with id "78" and password "123" and use the same (Auth id=78, Password=123) in the softfone for the authentification settings connecting with a SIP server it is not working (not connected). If I set the voice mail pin in the phone system from "234" to "123" it will connect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darrellchapman

3CX Team/wohlert,

I confirmed what wohlert is saying. If you change the VoIP Client's authentication mode to Sip Server/VoIP Provider and try to authenticate against the 3CX server, the server tried to authenticate using the stored voicemail pin instead of the SIP Password. Also, if I switch to Sip Server authentication, shouldn't I lose the ability to see other extensions on the 3CX server?

wohlert,

Good find, but why would you be using Sip Server authentication rather than 3CX server authentication?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

After reading your problem, I went on to try it and you're right, I can't put different pin's in the configuration of a user because I get a problem like you when doing it. The only way I found to work around this, it to first put the same pin's and then connect to the voice mail to change the voice mail pin (voice mail --> option 9 --> option 7).

4. h2009

h2009 Member

Tested this aswell - same problem occurring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.