SIP Conference Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iamgreen, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamgreen

Hello there! I am looking for a conference phone that will work with the 3CX v11 platform. In the past I have used analog polycom phones with with an ATA bit I want to go native SIP.

I purchased a Panasonic conferencing phone that they SWORE was a SIP complaint phone, but once I received it, I was apparent that it was designed for their KX series of PBX's and the SIP compatibility was an afterthought.

Is there a SIP conferencing phone that is a sure fire match to 3CX?

Thanks!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I will be trying a clear one max-ip tomorrow . Will let you know.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I've used only the Polycom SoundStation ip 6000-70000 both worked with no problems, superior call quailty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cynthia Slade

We have used several Polycom Soundstations (6000 & 7000) and have had no problems.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

@lneblett, I posted a configuration guide for the Max Attach IP in here a bit over a year ago, the sound was barely OK. We have one in a small meeting room in our office.

The Polycom IP7000 is a good phone, we use it in our main conference room but I must say that it is a bit on the high side $$$.

Konftel makes a good phone at a reasonable price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Charles -

Thanks, the install was about as easy as it gets.

Volume for room size was fine, but I did testing with cell phone, so not sure how well mic pick up is for volume at remote side. I offered Polycom as well, but $$ got in the way of start-up attorney's office. Have not tried Konftel, but I think I have another client who is about to pull the trigger, so maybe then.

7. iamgreen

The Konftel looks cool. What model works with 3cx? Can it be provisioned?

8. iamgreen

The Konftel looks cool. What model works with 3cx? Can it be provisioned?

9. iamgreen

10. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

*ANY* SIP phone should be work with 3CX, and *ANY* phone can be provisioned if you make your own template. But the Konftel is not an officially supported phone nor does 3CX come with a provisioning template for it. So you would configure the Konftel manually with the SIP account information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.