• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sip Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chidi

Reaction score
Hello Team,

I am a newbie just installed a 3cx hosted 16sc Standard licence which i intend to test run for a call center start up before upgrading to a pro licence. At this time i have purchased a sip trunk and i need help in configuring it, its a generic sip trunk but with proving compartibility. Need all the help i can get.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/sip-trunks/

It is advised to use a supported provider however:
https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

My concern here is if you are new to 3CX as easy as the system is to configure you are going to need some help, I would advise you purchase a support agreement, as you won't get support for generic SIP Trunks or the FREE licence.

You can also go on 3CX courses (which are free) if you are a current partner in a country where they host them.

Who is the provider and who has proven the compatibility? If you need help setting it up in the system i would recommend going through our academy section.
https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/
You will find a lot of information on how to set the system up and maintain it

Reactions: Chidi
This is the error i get from activity log below:

05/18/2018 3:08:59 PM - [CM504005]: Registration failed for: Lc:10000(@Generic SIP Trunk[<sip:1660332878@http://switch.rapidsip.com:5060:5060>]); Cause: Cause: 503 No DNS results/REGISTER from local

Is issue from me or Sip provider?

I think from you did you typed in the registrar field "switch.rapidsip.com:5060" and next to it again port 5060?

best if you start, use please a supported provided from your list. We can otherwise not assist you.

Reactions: aberry
"switch.rapidsip.com:" and next to it again port 5060?

I have corrected the repetition but still encounter the error!

registrar should just be switch.rapidsip.com or the IP of their service, if you still have the : it will break the connection. Also try pinging switch.rapidsip.com from the 3CX server to make sure you can resolve their server to an IP.

Reactions: Chidi
Since the correction, post the error message again...is it the same?

it's fine now , i can receive calls now but i am still unable to make outbound calls despite allowing all extensions to be able to do this, see error below;

05/18/2018 6:07:56 PM - Call to T:Line:10000>>08034568356@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060] from L:43.1[Extn:000] failed, cause: Cause: 480 Temporarily Unavailable/INVITE from 176.58.120.233:5060

i have tried different number formats but call fails, i have attached my out bound rules page for your advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• outbound rules page.PNG
    outbound rules page.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 8
You're going to look at what your SIP provider requires for processing outgoing calls - also your dialed number is 10 digits, looks like your rule doesn't apply to 10 digit dialed numbers. May be worth slowing down, taking a deep breath, and looking things over a couple more times.

Also, RapidSip looks like a dumpster fire. I can't find any documentation, their default site is an Apache default site, etc. Who knows what data they're leaking, they're probably recording all calls that go through their service and selling to Syrians or something. If you don't know what you're doing pick an approve SIP provider and you will have a much better experience.

Thanks Abery , issue isnt about the digit rules. Though u may not find any info on the it works here in nigeria. Was hoping you could assist look at my my configurations if i had gone wrong, i've attempted different formats local/international error is call failed.

05/18/2018 7:11:16 PM - Call to T:Line:10000>>08032022510@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060] from L:54.1[Extn:001] failed, cause: Cause: 480 Temporarily Unavailable/INVITE from 176.58.120.233:5060

Really need help, what does above log mean?
Thanks

You are getting a reply, which means pretty much what it says "480 Temporarily UnavailableCallee currently unavailable."

However, I've seen that come back if the number sent, is not correct/valid. I would try to contact the provider to confirm that you are sending a valid number/prefix, or that you are permitted to call that number. Some providers will block calls to (things like) mobile numbers, if the call rate is more than that to land lines.

Usually the provider will require some sort of information to allow you to call through them, such as a code added before the dialed number - that way they can prevent others that are not allowed from using the service. Could also be IP based, but it seems that something like that is missing because of the 480 error. Basically that SIP server is ignoring you is what the error means.

One of my co-workers spent time living in Cameroon a while back, he mas many wonderful stories about his time spent there. Welcome!

But i tried same sip service on x-lite and i can make and recieve calls without any issue.

Then I would contact them and ask what it is, that they don't like. Until you do, you're simply guessing.

Since this is a non supported provider and you are using the Generic template the PBX might be sending something the provider does not like. As suggested you will need to contact your provider and ask them why the calls are failing and what you need to do to get things working.
Alternatively use a supported provider that has all options pre-configured in the included template.
https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.