• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Cuase code question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktikoft

Reaction score
Hi I quick question regarding cause code behaviour.

Does the PABX when it receives an inbound fax from a SIP gateway for a extension not on its list does it respond with Standard SIP cause codes like the ones below or if not what cause code does it repsond with

GlobalFailureDoesNotExistAnywhere: (604)

Thanks

Hi,

Is this a PBX response ? or is it coming from the device (gateway) ?

If it is from the PBX What sort of INVITE generated this ?

And finally what version of PBX are you using please ?

I am also hit this issue. Any solution?

My version in use is 3.0.2295.0

The incoming FAX to FXO gateway via 3CX PBX to FXS port or FXS port via 3CX PBX to FXO gateway to FAX out. Both ways are not work.

PS. Both FXO gateway and FXS ATA are support T.38 (FAX)

Can next release support T.38 (FAX)?

G711 passes on the fax traffic (from memory) so that should work .

Hi itfarmer,

We already use G.711u as our default codes. Most functions are working fine except FAX. If your 3CX PBX can able to handle FAX. Please let us know the setting.

Thanks.

3CXsupport said:
Hi,

Is this a PBX response ? or is it coming from the device (gateway) ?

If it is from the PBX What sort of INVITE generated this ?

And finally what version of PBX are you using please ?

I have 3.0.2295.0 of 3cx and are evaluating and it ticks all my boxes with the call queueing in the enterprise version

The Gateway is a Quintum Tenor DX2010 which i know is not on the supported device list but I have to use as I need to integrate with Cantata IP fax devices both software and hardware based.

I have not yet actually received the DX2010 but have bee advised that it can only register with 1 SIP Proxy but can carry out a failover operation from one device to the next. The requiment for it to do this us that one of the standard SIP errors is received when attempting to pass the call to the SIP proxy see below.

ServerErrorInternalServerError: (500)
ServerErrorNotImplemented: (501)
ServerErrorBadGateway: (502)
ServerErrorServiceUnavailable: (503)
ServerErrorServerTimeOut: (504)
ServerErrorSIPVersionNotSupported: (505)
ServerErrorMessageTooLarge: (513)
GlobalFailureBusyEverywhere: (600)
GlobalFailureDecline: (601)
GlobalFailureNotAcceptable: (606)

Scenario: Single pstn E1 with predefined DIDs serving 3 entities. 2 of these are on IP side using SIP and 1 legacy PBX on E1.

IPPbx (SIP) : 3CX Phone System for Windows
FoIP Server(SIP) : Cantata Brooktrout SR140 and TR1034 fax SIP or H323

Pabx------tcrg2/DX2010/tcrg1 ----- e1----<--- call from PSTN
|
\iprg--sip--IPpbx
--sip

5qg4 said:
Hi itfarmer,

We already use G.711u as our default codes. Most functions are working fine except FAX. If your 3CX PBX can able to handle FAX. Please let us know the setting.

Thanks.

Depends where you are in the world, Japan and US use the G711U as they use in general the T1 trunks. For the rest of the world i would suggest G711A if E1's are used in circuit switched networks G711A is better.

Fax can work with the spa3102, but for now I have some bigger problems before I am gonna give it a go again

Any chance of an answer based on the updated information without my post being hijacked by an unrealated issue.

Thanks

Actually, 3CX responds with 404 (Not Found) on any invite which is directed to unknown extension. Is it what you need to know?

Thanks Archie for the response I will follow up with quintum

Following on from this if you can help is there a way I can generate one of the below errors on the 3cx assuming i knwop the extensions I may wish to respond with the message

ServerErrorInternalServerError: (500)
ServerErrorNotImplemented: (501)
ServerErrorBadGateway: (502)
ServerErrorServiceUnavailable: (503)
ServerErrorServerTimeOut: (504)
ServerErrorSIPVersionNotSupported: (505)
ServerErrorMessageTooLarge: (513)
GlobalFailureBusyEverywhere: (600)
GlobalFailureDecline: (601)
GlobalFailureNotAcceptable: (606)

We're not using 6xx responses currently. 5xx responses are sent in appropriate situations. For example, 503 message is generated when PBX can not resolve FQDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.