• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP DID to Fax Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhogue1975

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I have a customer with Spectrum SIP trunks and they have a DID they want to use as for their analog fax machine. Is there a way to setup the analog fax machine to send and receive faxes on the SIP trunk DID? How would I get the outbound SIP DID to Analog line for the outbound faxing? Is there hardware that would take the SIP DID and convert it to analog line for the fax or is there another way of doing this? I have set up 3CX inbound faxing over SIP DID but that doesn't always work either. Any thoughts would be helpful.

You need a FXS gateway, that converts SIP traffic to analogue

https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/ - Patton or Welltech

Also make sure the SIP provider supports T38 (fax over ip), if not then the fax solution is not going to work

Reactions: craigreilly
How would I get the outbound SIP DID to Analog line for the outbound faxing?

If your VoIP provider didn't support, or you simply wanted to route a fax call out on an analogue trunk, you could install a PSTN gateway. Using outbound rules (specific to the fax extension) , you could send outbound fax calls on that trunk. Of course the caller ID will be that of the PSTN line, not the DID.

VoIP faxing can be hit or miss, at the best of times. There are a lot of variables involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.