SIP Error 604 Does Not Exist Anywhere

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Drew9213, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew9213

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2015
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    I've recently taken over a 3CX phone system from a different IT company and upgraded them from V14 to V15 and the latest SP. I'm having an issue with one extension receiving an "invalid number" error message when trying to dial out to any number. It is only happening on this one extension. When I check the events I see "Call or Registration to *dialed number*@(*SIP trunk*) has failed. *IP address* replied: 604 Does not exist anywhere; from IP:*IP address*:5060"
     
    apldoor likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    4,349
    Likes Received:
    274
    Hello @Drew9213 ,

    What type of phone is this? is this a local or a remote extension? What firmware is it running?
     
  3. Drew9213

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2015
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    It is a Cisco SPA525G2 phone running firmware 7.6.1 (which I believe is the latest). I have done some testing and configured this problem extension in my 3CX app on my phone, the same error occurred calling from the extension on my app. The error does not seem to happen with any other extensions. I have just gone through and made a series of changes that appear to have resolved my issue. But I'm not exactly sure why they resolved my issue. The extension had the outbound caller ID filled in so I removed that. I also went into the outbound parameters of the SIP trunk and changed all of the remote party ID fields to leave default value. Anything other than "leave default value" in any of these fields results in the issue occurring. Changing to leave default value and keeping the outbound caller ID in the extension results in the issue. So to resolve it I had to change all the values to "leave default value" as well as remove the outbound caller ID in the extension. I have no idea why this worked.
     
  4. leejor

    leejor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    10,356
    Likes Received:
    224
    I suspect that it may have been something to do with the number in the Outbound caller ID field, that could have combined with the outgoing options selected in the trunk settings causing your provider to block the calls. Do any other extensions make use of that option?
     
  5. Drew9213

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2015
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    None of the other extensions make use of the outbound caller ID field. So yes, it does appear to be some kind of relationship between this field in the extension settings and the remote party ID fields in the SIP trunk outbound parameters.
     
  6. Drew9213

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2015
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    An update on the issue, it looks like this may be a provider issue. I have also had to change the "From: Display Name" and "From: User Part" fields to "leave default value" any other value in these fields results in the same issue.
     
  7. leejor

    leejor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    10,356
    Likes Received:
    224
    Provider can sometimes get very "picky" about changes to those settings. Always best to only make one change at a time (from the defaults), then test before moving on.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.