SIP extensions on IP PBX of different domain

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jaiume, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jaiume

3CX does not seem to handle connecting to sip extensions on other domains.

e.g. if you try to call the Sydney weather service on sip:+61297796990@aarnet.edu.au using a softphone, 3cx will try to connect to the SIP extension using one of the gateways or providers.

There is no outbound rule type to just connect directly with the other IP PBX / SIP extension.

This obviously only happens if the softphone uses 3cx as an outbound proxy.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As our good mate Rowe would say. "What the...???"

Can you explain something to me?

What does that mean? You want to have different extensions that reside on different domains?

For example:
    Extension 100 on domain aarnet.edu.au
    Extension 200 on domain d-d-d.com.au
    Extension 300 on 3cx.com

That is how the makers intended it to be. You can avoid using a particular gateway or provider by setting up an outbound rule.

Actually you have to make one. For example

IP PBX (1) is your main PBX. Configure in this PBX a provider being the other IP PBX(2). Have that PBX to route all the calls to a SIP extension and "Bob is your uncle (or aunt you never know now a days)" I theory that can work I have not tried it as yet.

I am not sure in what you are asking perhaps you only want to do SIP to SIP dialing or IP to IP dialing.

Henk.

3. jaiume

IP to IP calls are what I'm refering to.

I was thinking that you should be able to make a call to another SIP domain without having to setup an outbound rule.

If my softphone is setup so that it has no knowledge of an external IP address and doesn't have the ability to open ports on the firewall, and is therefore bound to my PBX server. I would like when I click on 'sip:' link on a website, that my softphone places the SIP to SIP call via the PBX, and the PBX will connect it correctly, without me having to set up an outbound rule for that particular SIP domain.

Hope this makes sense

4. NigelG

RE: Problems

HI,

I think that there is talk of this issue in a previous posting. The suggestion there is that it will become available in the Enterprise version.

Rgds
    NigelG