Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Forking Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jessep, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessep

I have an extension (Yealink T46G) that has two SIP accounts attached to it. It has been working as intended until recently and now it has started dialing from the Second Account/Extension as default. You can physically press the Line Key for the primary extension and it will dial from there but by default it is dialing from the second account/extension. Have not found a setting to specify this, have reset/reprovisioned the extension.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just to get some clarification... are you talking about two 3CX extensions, each assigned to a line key, where, if you pick up the handset, without selecting a line, the call originates from the extension number on the second line-key?

Sip forking generally refers to having the same extension/account, registered on more than one device, where both/multiple devices will ring simultaneously during an incoming all.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but if memory serves, there is no phone established default account as all accounts are peers. However, I think you can set the account by which you wish to dial out using the left and right arrow keys. I think that using the keys will allow you to set the account that is wanted and it will stay on that account until such time as the keys are manipulated again. It also makes it convenient when trying to access voice mail.

In your case, I suspect one of the two keys was accidentally invoked and now the phone is set to use account 2.

Give it a try and let us know.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

T46 -
    Menu
    Call Feature
    Others
    Default Account

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jessep

@craigkelly

Perfect! Thank you sir, appreciate it.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Good one Craig. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.