Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Forking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I think this is a new feature in V5 but I wanted to find out if I needed to do anything special for it to work.

I need to have a client that will be temp relocating; have both his desk phone in his office in Massachusetts ring as well as the phone in Arizona while he is there.

I only want to utilize a single extension for ease of AutoAttendant, secretaries, etc.

I appreciate all input.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Not aware of a new way to do this in V5. One way would be:

In addition to the users current extension (lets say its 333) You could set up 2 temporary extensions in a ring group and then go to the setup for 333 and tell it to forward all calls to that extension to new ring group (that includes the 2 new extensions)

Have the phone in each city log into one of the 2 temporary extensions in the ring group you setup.

Any calls to the the users original number (333) will now ring in both cities.

Once that user permanently moves then just change the extension options to no longer point to the ring group.

3. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

No, nothing special is required - simply set up the new phone in Arizona with exactly the same details as existing phone in Massachusetts - userid / authid, password, etc.

This only works in V5, but does work well.

Both will ring at the same time.

4. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Very cool. Just tried it and it does work. Does that feature have a name? Simultaneous login?

Learn something new every time I log into the forum. :lol:

5. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

SIP Forking :)

6. bhavank

bhavank New Member

This is called SIP Forking. You don't requrie anything special for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Spitz

We have this working with no problems, works by default for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.