SIP "From:" Fields - Only Seeing SIP Provider Info

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JCLloyd, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

[ Newbie Alert ]
    I noticed outbound calls to Verizon cells were showing as "Restricted", and Cingular cells were showing "No Caller ID". So, I began searching the manual & threads.
    I ended up making changes to "From: User Part" & "From: Display Name". The best I can get is the primary SIP number and computer name passing through. I am beginning to think that is by coincidence.

I'd like our company name and custom primary number (old number from POTS forwarding to new SIP), possibly with each user's extension showing with the primary number. Is this possible? What am i missing, if it is?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @JCLloyd

The first thing you need to do is make sure that your provider supports this function. Then you need to find out in which SIP fields they want you to send this info. Once you know that you can adjust the outbound settings of the trunk. Who is your provider Is it a supported one?

3. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Thank you, Yiannis... We are using BroadVoice, out of the Los Angeles area and came up high on the 3CX list for us. So far, support has not been that knowledgeable on 3CX, but if I give them the correct terms they are pretty good. Traffic analysis on their side is great. They can do a manual override on their side, but I was hoping to give each line a unique number that shows their extension.

The thing that I am stuck on is that the outgoing ID includes the server name where I would like to see the company name. I haven't figured out where 3CX is getting that information and how it is being filtered into the outbound CID.

I am still learning, so any advice and direction is most welcome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Broadvoice does not support sending numbers other than their own that's probably why your numbers appears as restricted.
    I have never seen the 3CX PBX send out the server name to be honest. Can you run a capture and send it to me in a p.m. so i can take a look? I would recommend using the default template for Broadvoice and contact them if you are going to do any changes. Changing the outbound rules can result to calls not working at all so always be very careful when changing something.

JCLloyd likes this.
  5. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I will set up Wireshark and send what I get... I understand about changing too much. I've learned the Windows Registry the hard way... 20+ years of editing it to try and fix (not break) things. I do have multiple backups of major milestones as I get this system going.

Thank you!

6. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

It turns out that Wireshark does not work over RDP or my remote console agent... no interfaces show. I'll see what I can do to get a local console connect and start Wireshark, or see if I can catch the stream another way. Our network switches don't send S-Flow or Net-Flow packets that I can filter.

7. RossPCS

Did you find a solution for this I am having the same problem. No Caller ID on ATT, Restricted on Verizon and Unknown or Private Number on Google Fi. I called support at Broadvoice and they said we are sending the info wrong to them. Below is the info they sent

What is sent
    To: <sip:186025XXXXX@206.15.130.13:5060>
    From: "860-79X-XXXX"<sip:206.15.130.13:5060>;tag=a713b46a

This is what it should look like:
    To: <sip:186025XXXXX@206.15.130.13:5060>
    From: "CNAM"<sip:86051XXXXX@64.251.XXX.XXX:5060>;tag=a713b46a

64.251.XXX.XXX our public IP
    86051XXXXX Number we are calling From
    186025XXXXX Number we are Calling To

8. Sopock

Sopock Member

So ContactUser should be custom none?:confused:
    I think that template is not good for IP authentication
    • FromHostPart should not be provider’s gateway(206.15.130.13?)

#8 Sopock, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  9. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Ross, I had put this on hold, for a while... Other tasks.

My issue seems to be a combination of things. There seems to be a relationship with this issue and how calls from our SIP provider is received by each carrier, specifically AT&T and Cingular. That may be something subject to our area. The next thing is that I am trying to show a "Caller ID" number that has not yet been ported from our old telco to Broad Voice... Our primary number. Until we actually move it, we can't tell if that is the issue.

It looks like Broad Voice liked my feed after editing the SIP Trunk "Outbound Parameter" -> "From: Display Name" to "Custom Field" and typed in our company name (no spaces or punctuation).

A last resort item, for me, is ask Broad Voice to force the company name and number from their end. I did see some responses in the threads that this approach seems to be common. I was hoping to push each user's extension in the outbound number, but I have to follow the formatting protocols/restrictions.

I may know more in a couple of weeks. Sorry I couldn't say that I had a definitive fix, even that I found a major goof on my part. I think I got them out, by now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.