• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP FXO adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesK

Reaction score
I have installed 3CXPhone on my Google Nexus One and am planning on using it as a wireless extension of my home phone. To do this I need a SIP FXO adapter and have found the Cisco/Linksys SPA3102.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10027/index.html

Has anyone used this for this purpose? Any other device?

tnx jk

hi,

wellcome on 3cx forums ;)

spa3102 is first price of product if i can said that.

i suggest you to buy patton gateway, it's more expensive but it's another quality (call quality, easy configuration and product quality).

"i suggest you to buy patton gateway"

What model did you have in mind? This is the only similar thing I see and it provides exactly the opposite function to what I want. http://www.patton.com/products/pe_products.asp?category=328

It connects an analog phone to a SIP service (FXS). I want to connect a SIP phone to an analog phone line (FXO). The 4110 is overkill for my needs.

What I'm looking for is SIP to FXO, not FXS

Also, what do you mean by "spa3102 is first price of product if i can said that."? That sentence doesn't make sense to me.

Also, what do you mean by
spa3102 is first price of product if i can said that.
? That sentence doesn't make sense to me.[/quote]

:D sorry for my english, that i want to said, it's spa3102 is the bad product.

spa3102 make the same fonctionnality that spa3102 but better quality.

i don't understand why connect directly sip phone to gateway and now i never see that. maybe it existe. of course you can plug patton or spa to switch and next sip phone on the switch to, but sip phone directly on the gateway ?? for analog phone ok but sip...

"i don't understand why connect directly sip phone to gateway and now i never see that. maybe it existe."

My intention is to use the Nexus One as an extension to my home phone line, in addition to being used as a cell phone. The 3CXPhone supports both internal and external servers, so it could be configured to work whether at home, connected via WiFi or elsewhere, connected via the internet, using WiFi or 3G.

I have a lot of experience with a TalkSwitch VoIP PBX and it's certainly easy enough to do this with it. However, again, that would be overkill.

So, bottom line, I'm looking for a single line SIP to FXO adapter. FXS to SIP adapters are very common and used to connect an analog phone to a VoIP service or PBX.

I have the same problem.

For this to work in the SPA 3102, the 3CX client must be able to call (an IP) without registration to any PBX.

This is called IP dialing and you can call it like this: "xxxxxxx@ip_address:port" (xxx is the number you want to call from your phone, and ip_address is the address of the SPA 3102)

Is this possible with 3CX for android phones?

I have the same problem.

I think you misunderstand my situation. I only intend to have the smart phone act as an extension on an analog line, not connect directly to another phone. According to what I read about that SPA3102, it should work. That device can connect either a soft phone or analog phone to either an anlalog line or some VoIP service, such as a PBX or outside VoIP provider. I'll be using the softphone > analog function.

wrong expression..

I want to use the exact same thing.

As far as I search for this, i don't think we can register any soft-phone on the SPA. (That's why I mentioned IP-dialing).

If you have any additional info please post it or pm me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.