• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP ID for Digital Receiptionist or Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave9090

Free User
Reaction score
Hi

Within the extension Options there is a setting for SIP ID to allow direct incoming connections from SIP to SIP calls, I have this and it works fine, and all calls goto that extension but I need them to either goto a Digital Receiptionist or Ring Group (doesn't matter which at the moment) however neither of these provide the capability for an incomeing SIP call.

I need to get an incomeing SIP call to route to a digital receiptionist (or Ring Group)

Does any one have a solution to achieve this ?

I don't have a solution for you... but I am curious what you are using direct SIP for. Care to enlighten us? One of my greatest fears is that one day I will wake up and Goole will have released an enterprise-class phone system that works entirely with direct SIP calls.

We have a number provider that provides the service, rather than routing the number onto the PSTN network it makes sense to use the direct SIP call function. The only issue is that although it works fine with extensions once you enter a unique SIP ID in the Extension | Options tab. I cannot find a simular function within IVR or Groups.

Create a "dummy" extension with the required SIP ID and forward that on to what ever you want.

Then, go onto the Ideas forum and request a new feature.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Thanks leejor I don't know why i didn't think of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.