SIP INfo out of band support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sline, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sline

i have a garage opener which only communicates thru SIP INFO.

when I call viop clients bria they are able to open the door .. but the connection on 3G/4G/wifi isn't stable.

so I added a viop provider and thought I would be able to forward the call to my mobile phone when there is no connection with the mobile clients bria/3g/4g/wifi.

it works very good I get a call on my mobile phone.. but I can not open the garage because its not recognizing my SIP INFO.

my viop provider only supports in-band.. is there a way I can convert a signal from my mobile phone to SIP INFO so my door recognizes it so it will open ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only way to send SIP Info from a mobile phone is to be using a VoIP application. Any other dialling done when using the voice portion of the phone will be DTMF.

If the call is ringing your phone, on your mobile number, and not to a VoIP application such as the 3CX phone, then I'm not sure what you can do. For In band DTMF to work properly over VoIP you need a codecs such as the G711. I've had problems when trying to use DTMF of the lower bit-rate Codecs. If you were initiating the call, then passing through a gateway, VoIP to PSTN, will (usually) re-generate DTMF.

I have operated DTMF controlled devices, at home, using the 3CX Android phone, over Wifi, from halfway around the world. But that is me initiating the call and from a device that can send in a form other than In-band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.