• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Intercom and VOIP Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethlocks

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking to set up a SIP intercom system. My local extensions are no problem, but I have some clients who would like to have the system call their cell phone number rather than use one of the many apps available. I am using call centric as my voip provider. The problem I have is two fold.
-I cannot make an extension without a device, so dialing outbound through VOIP does not seem possible.
-I would like the ability to have the system call both the Voip service and the local SIP simultaneously.

Running Windows 8.1 pro. 3CX system 12. Intercom system is Paxton Net2 Entry. Local phones are GS-GVX3000. VOIP provider is CallCentric.

Any assistance in setup is appreciated. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

Thanks,
Seth

The first issue that I don't see being overcome is the intercom functionality to the cell. You indicated using the cell number and unfortunately, this is not a SIP endpoint and therefore not reachable. As you pointed out, it is not possible.

You might be able to use a softphone client, but then the challenge is that the softphone must always be running in the background and must also support auto-answer and enable the microphone. I am not aware of any clients that support this, but that is not to say that there are not any.

I am not sure what is meant by calling the VoIP service and the local SIP at the same time in the context of intercom. AN intercom is only applicable to the endpoints of which the VoIP service is not.

I would stay away from using the sip portion for doing paging if that's what you mean by intercom.

For inside the office setup multicast paging if your phones support it. for the cellphone users, it's better to send the call to their desk extension and them have setup their forward features to ring the desk and cellphone at the same time is a better option.

I guess what i am doing is not intercom, it is telephone entry/communication. Even though the standard analog call will not send SIP info, my client would like to be alerted on his cell when someone tries to call him. He is never in the office, does not have a regular extension, so there is no phone to provision and no forwarding to set up. What I am trying to do is to have the system call this number without having to provision a device.

you don't need an actual phone, just create an extension for them and setup the forward to their cell phone, it's one way to not have to give out their cell number if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.