SIP Outbound Parameters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mullenlaw, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullenlaw

I'm working with a provider to resolve a connection problem.

The provider has installed an Adran device (Total Access 904) with a local IP on our network.
    We do not use that device for internet access (although capable), only for SIP traffic.

In 3cx Network settings we have an external IP address set so that phones can be configured, etc.

Problem: The provider says that we are sending incorrect outbound parameters.
    The "C=" information incorrectly contains our external IP address so their equipment is trying to connect back that way.

We looked at all the Outbound parameters and could not determine how to correct this.
    He said the 3cx terminplogy doesn't comply with the IEEE standards.... :roll:
    (why is there no steaming pile icon)......

Can someone tell me what 3cx paramters make up the "C=" parameters and how I can control them?

Thank you,

2. seetarc

Any updates to this post ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not exactly clear how the Adtran is configured in this scenario nor who the provider is. Is the provider using a VPN to get SIP VOIP only to you? Normally, one would expect the c=in to be the external address so that the provider can find you on the internet.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is it possible it is not true SIP and may require a Patton gateway to convert the signal properly???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Adtran can be a very diverse device. They are oftentimes used by providers who want/need complete control of how routings need to be in order to segregate or integrate the various services from different interfaces. Great device but can be daunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.