• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Outbound Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullenlaw

Reaction score
I'm working with a provider to resolve a connection problem.

The provider has installed an Adran device (Total Access 904) with a local IP on our network.
We do not use that device for internet access (although capable), only for SIP traffic.

In 3cx Network settings we have an external IP address set so that phones can be configured, etc.

Problem: The provider says that we are sending incorrect outbound parameters.
The "C=" information incorrectly contains our external IP address so their equipment is trying to connect back that way.

We looked at all the Outbound parameters and could not determine how to correct this.
He said the 3cx terminplogy doesn't comply with the IEEE standards.... :roll:
(why is there no steaming pile icon)......

Can someone tell me what 3cx paramters make up the "C=" parameters and how I can control them?

Thank you,

Any updates to this post ?

I am not exactly clear how the Adtran is configured in this scenario nor who the provider is. Is the provider using a VPN to get SIP VOIP only to you? Normally, one would expect the c=in to be the external address so that the provider can find you on the internet.

Is it possible it is not true SIP and may require a Patton gateway to convert the signal properly???

Adtran can be a very diverse device. They are oftentimes used by providers who want/need complete control of how routings need to be in order to segregate or integrate the various services from different interfaces. Great device but can be daunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.