• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved SIP port cannot be 7000-8999

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctcondez

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We have migrated a 3cx linux installation from one server to another server due to 3cx license update.
Previous SIP Port set is 8060 (which is already opened in our firewall), but during restore of backup I am not allowed to set the SIP port to 8060 and I am having an error prompt of "The port you selected cannot be used. Port can not be 7000-8999. Choose another port and try again". See screenshot below:

upload_2018-7-27_22-50-37.png

Hoping someone can assist us with this type of issue.

Last edited:
I assume you are trying to substitute port 8060 for 5060.

Have not come across any list that shows the 8000 series being used for a specific 3CX function.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ports-open-3cx-v15-5.56944/

However, that doesn't mean that, in a recent update, it hasn't been "reserved" for an anticipated, future service/feature.

Here is a list of common functions using the 8000 series ports, including 8060.

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/ip/ports08000.htm

Is there some reason you need to use that specific port?

I assume you are trying to substitute port 8060 for 5060.

Have not come across any list that shows the 8000 series being used for a specific 3CX function.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ports-open-3cx-v15-5.56944/

However, that doesn't mean that, in a recent update, it hasn't been "reserved" for an anticipated, future service/feature.

Here is a list of common functions using the 8000 series ports, including 8060.

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/ip/ports08000.htm

Is there some reason you need to use that specific port?

Hi Leejor,

Yes I will be using same 8060 SIP Port as its already opened from our firewall and this is the main reason why we will still be using that same port. Also we are trying to avoid the default one due to external port scanning issue.

From our previous version we don't have an issue having port 8060 as the sip port, but with the latest downloadable 3cx linux iso, this came as an issue.

I think that someone from 3CX will have to explain why this has now changed, and if it is intentional (and, perhaps, the reason behind it), or something that was overlooked (bug).

Reactions: mctcondez
I believe ports 7000-8999 are used as internal Media RTP ports for local network calls.

In 15.5 SP5 LOCALPORTS is defined as 7000-8743, in earlier versions this used to be 7000-7500.

I expect this change was made when they moved the default configuration to supporting 1024 calls natively.

I'm not sure what can be done to change this though, @YiannisH_3CX will have to follow this up I expect.

I believe ports 7000-8999 are used as internal Media RTP ports for local network calls.

In 15.5 SP5 LOCALPORTS is defined as 7000-8743, in earlier versions this used to be 7000-7500.

I expect this change was made when they moved the default configuration to supporting 1024 calls natively.

I'm not sure what can be done to change this though, @YiannisH_3CX will have to follow this up I expect.

@pact, thank you for the clarification. I will be holding off our migration if these ports are being in used by 3CXPBX in latest version as this impacts our ports assignment. I will consult our team if we can re-assign our SIP port to another port assignment.

Hello @mctcondez

As @pact mentioned the default RTP ports for SP5 have been increased to accommodate larger systems and more shared parking slots. Ports 7000-8999 are assigned as local RTP ports for the PBX.

Reactions: mctcondez
@YiannisH_3CX , all good we have completed the migration, moved the SIP Port to an available port. Thank you all for you help.

Glad we could assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.