• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Protocol: Which value is P-Asserted Identity and so on...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffen Maier

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having trouble to determine which part in a SIP conversation is the variables in the image below.

For example, what would be "Remote Party ID Called Party: User Part" in the trace below, and what does it mean? (all of them, that was just an example).

Code:
INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.150.30:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---3e40fb6d633332d;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected]>
From: ":123"<sip:[email protected]:5060;nf=e>;tag=1b6e7e17
Call-ID: UL0iKpiA3waoTWEkaOiveQ..
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Alert-Info: <http://www.notused.invalidtld>;info=external
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE, UPDATE
Content-Type: application/sdp
Supported: replaces, timer
User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 15.5.13103.5 (12071)
Content-Length: 339

upload_2018-8-24_14-49-39.png

Thanks a lot
Steffen Maier

The easiest way for you to get a handle on this is to do a capture using the tool from 3CX and then examining same using Wireshark once downloaded. The above is showing the SIP header, but not the contents contained within a header. The messaging is formulated based upon the condition at the time (what type of SIP message) and it may vary with regard to what headers (and their details) are communicated.

You can expand the headers in the capture to show every piece of detail so you can see what each has to offer and can then associated same to your list.

Reactions: DavidM84
Hello @Steffen Maier

The example you posted does not actually contain a Remote- Party-ID variable that is why you are having a hard time locating it.

Code:
Session Initiation Protocol (INVITE)
    Request-Line: INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0
    Message Header
        Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.1:5060;branch=z9h4bK-52287-1---634c997b631c926;rport
        Max-Forwards: 70
        To: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
        Call-ID: LxpTbnfnURHcXGOr4XaLWg..
        CSeq: 1 INVITE
        Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE, UPDATE
        Content-Type: application/sdp
        Supported: replaces, timer
        User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 15.5.13103.5 (11793)
        Remote-Party-ID: "123456789"<sip:[email protected]:5060>;party=calling
        Remote-Party-ID: "Display Name"<sip:User_Part@Host_part>;party=called
        Content-Length: 256

In the example above you can see 2 Remote-Party-ID sip fields. The one is marked as Called and the other Calling.

The SIP field consists of the Display name the User Part and the Host part and you can see which part is what in the example below.
Remote-Party-ID: "Display Name"<sip:User_Part@Host_part>;party=called

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to troubleshoot and if the above are useful but i hope it can help.

Thanks, thats exactly what I ment.

Glad i could assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.