Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Provider Gamma Telecom

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by officecomms, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. officecomms

Hi Guys

I have a SIP provider Gamma Telecom based in the UK and I have 2 SIPs on our broadband connection.

I have the setup instructions i have say that they do not require a username and password to authentcate as this is done by IP address.

I have entered all the settings into 3cx but cannot get the connection as it says the username and password is mandatory.

Is there a way around this??

Many Thanks

Rob Hill

2. SW7

SW7

You need to ask Gamma to port your accounts to a new IPDC platform which authenticates by username and password.

3. mit

mit

Not sure if it helps, but we connect with a VoIP provider who does not authenticate using username and password. We simply put a dummy username i nto the voip provider and under the advanced settings we set registration to "do not require" and it works fine.

4. pjr

pjr New Member

Under VoIP Provider settings you can click > Advanced and then under Registration Settings, choose Require Registration: and choose the "Do Not Require" option.

I have some bad news with regards to Gamma I'm afraid.

Gammas platform that uses IP as authentication does not work with 3CX - this is because Gamma authenticate on the VIA, FROM and CONTACT headers within SIP invites - They expect the public IP of your PBX in each of these. After speaking with 3CX support they advised that this is not part of the SIP RFC and will not work with 3CX.

They have another platform referred to as IPDC V3.1 which uses username and password authentication which works fine.

You are more than welcome to speak to Gamma and try and test further with IP authentication - we were never able to get it work and were stuck as Gamma didnt see it as their problem, and 3CX will not change their software to get it work.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. carrobesit

I'm currently working with my provider who uses the Gamma IPDC platform to see if we can get this to work. However, it appears that whatever I tell 3CX to place in the FROM:Host field in the Outbound Parameters, 3CX is putting the IP address of Gamma's SIP gateway server.

Surely if I tell the system what to use through the Outbound Parameters then that is what should appear if I run a WireShark capture when making a call?

Basically this is causes the problem that Gamma won't authenticate as the FROM header is incorrect.

RobC.

6. pjr

pjr New Member

I would be very interested to know if you resolve this - please post in this thread if you are able to?

Many Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. carrobesit

Hi Paul,

If we find a solution, I will definately update it here. At the moment though, I've managed to get the headers to be what is required by Gamma but it is still not working - we may end up having to port to IPDC 3.1 but I'm still working with my comms provider to see what we can do on IPDC 2.

Will update when I know more.

RobC

8. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi Rob,

Did you manage to get any further with this Gamma issue?

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.