SIP Provider is receiving incorrect calling URI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sasiki, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

I'm able to send and receive calls using a Yealink T38G but the caller ID that shows on my cell phone when I call it says Unknown. I contacted my SIP provider (my local telco, not an official 3CX provider) and they show a different calling URI than I am seeing in my event logs. Let's assume the external number they provided is 1234567890 and the authentication ID is testID. I've replaced my SIP provider's IP with 8.8.8.8.

What they are seeing come through is testID@8.8.8.8:5060 instead of 1234567890@8.8.8.8:5060. I'm also confused as to the device not identified message.

I've fooled with the calling URI settings and various other things I found on the forums but none of those resolved the issue.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Generally, if you don't put in a phone number to display, in either the 3CX extension or trunk settings, the called party will receive the "billing" number, assigned by your provider. There is also a possibility of this being "over-written" by a setting in the set itself, but, I haven't seen that myself.
    Each VoIP provider can handle things differently. If they receive a number that is not considered valid, they may reject what they receive from you and pass on no number at all. That would cause the "unknown" showing on your mobile.

3. sasiki

I just figured it out. I had to change the From: User Part to "OutboundCallerId" Outbound caller ID taken from extension. I presume this will send the digits specified at the extension level, else the default trunk caller ID setting. THank you for your suggestion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.