SIP Proxy Manager not working???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by belvoir, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belvoir

OK, here's the setup:

1. 3CX server v10 setup and working fine locally. 3CX softphones and 1 x handytone 286 AT with ordinary anlog phone working fine.

2. Single laptop with 3CX softphone working remotely via the internet and 3cx tunnel.

3. The same laptop now has the handytone 286 AT with ordinary anlog phone. SIP Proxy Manager loaded, configured and the service started. The status line on the SIP Proxy Manager says "3CX Tunnel Proxy is Running" but the phone will not register with the 3CX server - IVR Error Report says "E103E", Device is not registered to SIP Server.

I have attached the SIP Proxy Manager Log file where:
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX = Public IP of 3CX Server
    YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY = SIP listener address of SIP Proxy manager
    ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ = Public IP of remote site

This is driving me crazy. I must be doing something stupid as everyone says that SIP Proxy Manager is the easy solution.

Thanks for your help.

By the way. I've disabled the windows firewalls on both the 3CX server PC and the laptop.

Stuart

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you change the settings in the ATA to register with the proxy server rather than an IP at the 3CX end?

3. belvoir

Yes, I set the SIP Server Address to the local IP of the 3CX Server and the Outbound Proxy Address and port number to the SIP Listener IP Address in the SIP Proxy Manager : 5080

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you've gone over these instructions.
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/

5. belvoir

Yes, and followed them to the letter.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX Server log look like (3CX PBX end), during both the tunnel set up and an attempted registration. Do any errors show up?

7. willow

willow Member

try disabling the tunnel and running the 3cx phone through the proxy server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. belvoir

Thanks willow, running the 3CX phone through the proxy server works fine. I guess that means the problem is with the HT 286 ????

Any ideas on how to fix it?

regards

Stuart

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could it be that the PC running the proxy server has some sort of firewall that is preventing the ATA from reaching it?

10. belvoir

No - not the firewall. I disabled the windows firewalls on both the PC running the SIP Proxy Manager and the one running the 3CX server.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you running the 3CX phone on the same PC as the Proxy Server , or, on another PC on the same network? Is the ATA even reaching the Proxy Server? If it is reaching the Proxy Server then what is preventing it from going further (settings)?

12. belvoir

Yes, I am running the 3CX phone on the same PC as the Proxy Server and I'm not sure how I would know if the ATA was even reaching the Proxy Server - I can ping the AT from the proxy server and I can access the web interface of th ATA from the proxy server pc.

Not too sure how to proceed from here!!!

13. belvoir

OK, a bit more information.

I've now added another PC to the remote network and installed SIP Proxy Manager on that PC. My 3CX phone on the first remote PC (the laptop) can still register with the 3CX server using the proxy server - but my ATA still cannot register itself. :(

The new PC that's now running the proxy server does have windows firewall enabled but all necessary programs/ports are entered as exceptions. I guess you probably knew that anyway as the 3CX phone on the laptop is working fine over the proxy server.

I'm clutching at straws now . . . . Both remote PC's are connection to their router wirelessly - that couldn't be the reason could it???

I really appreciate all the (prompt!!) help. :)

Thanks

14. belvoir

Really sorry guys! I don't quite know how to disguise my embarassment :oops:

I had convinced myself that I had entered the IP address of the 3CX Server correctly - careless I guess. I had entered the last part as .110 rather than .101

Now working fine. Thanks for everyone's patience and sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.