Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Proxy Manager

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ole, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ole

ole

Hi everybody,

I have problems connecting my SNOM300 through the SIP Proxy Manager. The phone registers promptly and I can make an outbound call. When I place the call,

1. I do not hear the ring tone in the phone (SNOM) connected to the Proxy Manager. When the line is established, I can hear the other party
    2. When the call is established, the other party does not hear me, whereas I can hear the other party.

What do I do wrong?

I have attached my Proxy Manager log:
    192.168.XXX.XXX: 3cxServer
    192.168.YYY.YYY: Proxy Manager
    192.168.ZZZ.ZZZ: SNOM Phone
    AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA: Public IP Address of FW (Address mapping to 3cx)

Thank you for your help.

Ole

Attached Files:

2. thenua

Hi Ole,

In my experience, "one way audio" is typically a firewall problem.

My suspicion is that between you and the other party, Ports 9000 - 9003 are not open as they need to be per current 3CX manual.

Cheers
    thenua

3. ole

ole

Hi tehuana,

thank you for your reply. I did not find anything about the tunnel needing additional ports. In contrary, 3cx promotes the proxy manager as 'one-port-solution'. Can you give me the page of the documentation where this is described? That would be very helpful.

Thanks again

Ole

4. thenua

Hi Ole,
    You were right. I had overlooked that you were discussing a 'tunnelling' solution. You may well be right about a one-port-solution when tunnelling. Unfortunately I don't have any experience re. tunnelling.

Cheers
    thenua

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.