Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Proxy Manager

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Paul, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Paul

Hello All,

can someone advise me if the Sip proxy manager could resolve the below mentioned issue.

Issue:
    Android and IOS devices attempting to register remotely cannot register. my determination is that my FQDN resolves to the VOIP (SIP) IP address provided by my ISP and this IP is not internet facing. so only SIP traffic can traverse the link. so remote devices cannot reach the PBX to register.

Any assistance or Ideas will be helpful.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Jason,

Please define what you mean by "SIP Proxy manager" this is what the old SBC used to be called.

It sounds to me like your 3CX does not have a direct internet connection, this is common in the financial sector for example. If that is the case then no the SBC/SIP Proxy manager would not help.

You would need 3CX to be able to support registration by proxy/proxy server. This is not supported.

3. Jason Paul

I made a work around using the DATA IP to force the registration, however once registered all calls to and from the extension is declined.

Any ideas on how i can get the remote extensions functional

4. eddv123

In a normal network environment you could use the 3CX SBC to connect remote IP phones (Yealink, snom, Htek, Fanvil) but they must be one of these brands - which do you have ?
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

If not and you have a legacy brand you must use a VPN and DHCP option 66:
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

The issue I think you have (and please clarify ) is that your 3CX System is on an inaccessible network - ie: does not have direct internet access (which is a must for 3CX currently). You said in your first email that your public IP address was not internet facing ?

Here are supported network configurations for 3CX:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/

#4 eddv123, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  5. Jason Paul

Hi tea

port 5090 is forwarded however for registration outside of the local Lan i use the FQDN which resolves to the IP address of my SIP trunk. from my voip provider the SIP IPs is not internet facing so only the VOIP traffic traverse the link. So android and IOS traffic never reaches the PBX. #CX has internet connectivity, however if i force the registration over the data connectivity all calls are declined from the remote devices...

6. Jason Paul

Team,

i have a segregated network however both the VOIP and DATA uses the same nic card on the 3CX server. the router i use has a dual wan connectivity.

7. eddv123

As long as you have a direct internet connection to the network that your 3CX System is in (for registration/licencing) this should be fine for your smartphones.

As mentioned previously open up the correct ports on your firewall for 5090:
    https://www.3cx.com/ports-used-3cx-phone-system-v14-v15/

Also as a quick side note, if you are using VLAN's for Data and Voice and wish to use the 3CX Phone (on the desktops) in CTI mode with a "supported" deskphone then there must be some routing logic configured to bridge between them.

8. Jason Paul

Port 5090 is opened and forwarded to the server, however registration still failing. I captured the logs on the server, and saw the communication between my device and the communication between my device and the server is there traffic is on UDP port 50842 yet no registration.

9. eddv123

As a test please try to disable the setting in the phone "Use 3CX Tunnel when out of the office".

Does this connect now ?

10. Jason Paul

It isn't registering, only timing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.