SIP proxy to solve a bug problem - Crestron and 2N

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigsrl, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigsrl

Jul 11, 2013

i have a scenario with:

nr. 4 crestron touchsceeen
    nr. 3 2N entryphone
    nr. 2 snom telephone
    nr. 1 3CX windows system

Every device need to talk with the others by SIP.
    I've made all configurations and works properly. Except for the case:

Crestron touch -> 2N entryphone
    In this case, because of crestron firmware bug, the audio in the touch will become one-way, stopping receiving audio from entryphone. :cry:

Contrary, crestron-touch with any other device (telephone, different brand entryphone) work properly. :mrgreen:

so i would try to interpose a SIP proxy from the touch to the entryphone, my hope is that, converting audio from entryphone to this SIP Proxy, the touch will not crash. :mrgreen:

I tried solicall software ( ) but after many mail with the support center, the software don't work properly; :(
    is there anybody that know another software to "redirect" the call?

the problem is that for the customer is impossible to change the entryphone (entryphone is inside the wall) - and also the touch, because all our programmation (for the music, the lights, anti-theft, etc) is inside him.

thanks for the answer ;)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Not being familiar with those makes of devices, I have no idea what the issue would be other than possibly some non-compliance SIP standards .

If you think that running through a Proxy server might be the solution you could always try the 3CX proxy server. You could run it on a different network or subnet.

Does it make any difference if the audio passes though 3CX, or goes direct?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.