Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP proxy to solve a bug problem - Crestron and 2N

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigsrl, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigsrl

Hello everyone

i have a scenario with:

nr. 4 crestron touchsceeen
    nr. 3 2N entryphone
    nr. 2 snom telephone
    nr. 1 3CX windows system

Every device need to talk with the others by SIP.
    I've made all configurations and works properly. Except for the case:

Crestron touch -> 2N entryphone
    In this case, because of crestron firmware bug, the audio in the touch will become one-way, stopping receiving audio from entryphone. :cry:

Contrary, crestron-touch with any other device (telephone, different brand entryphone) work properly. :mrgreen:

so i would try to interpose a SIP proxy from the touch to the entryphone, my hope is that, converting audio from entryphone to this SIP Proxy, the touch will not crash. :mrgreen:

I tried solicall software ( http://www.solicall.com/products.html#AddOnPro ) but after many mail with the support center, the software don't work properly; :(
    is there anybody that know another software to "redirect" the call?

the problem is that for the customer is impossible to change the entryphone (entryphone is inside the wall) - and also the touch, because all our programmation (for the music, the lights, anti-theft, etc) is inside him.

thanks for the answer ;)

Bye

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not being familiar with those makes of devices, I have no idea what the issue would be other than possibly some non-compliance SIP standards .

If you think that running through a Proxy server might be the solution you could always try the 3CX proxy server. You could run it on a different network or subnet.

Does it make any difference if the audio passes though 3CX, or goes direct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.