"SIP Proxy Tunnel" run error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leosa, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leosa

Hello,

Im trying to setup a tunnel between my 3CX (v6) and a remote office, with two extensions.

I downloaded the SIP Proxy Tunnel Manager, the installation was fine, but when I run it gives an "Running Error" and even opens. Its a WinXP PC computer.

Is there any pre-requisite im missing?

Thanks in advance,
    Leo

2. leosa

Hi,

Sorry for writing again, but any ideas on how can I fix this? Posting the screenshot would help?

I really need this tunnel working to enable RTP traffic on external extensions.

Thanks again,
    Leo

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Leo

Yes, a screenshot with that error message will be very useful.
    Also, we need to know versions of the tunnel and PBX to which you want to connect (some old tunnels doesn't work with new PBXes and vice versa).

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leosa

Thanks a lot for replying, Vali.

About the versions, the 3CX Phone System is v6.1.0 and the SIP Proxy Tunnel is the latest version (the file says 3CXProxyManager_6343.msi). Is there any known problem between them?

The computer is on remote office, tomorrow I will send the screenshot. Thanks again!

Regards,
    Leo

5. leosa

Hello,

Here goes the error message when I run 3CXSIPProxymanager.exe. Its says "Application not initialized correctly (0xc0000135)".

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
    Leo

Attached Files:

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Leo

There are two things, but I want to clarify the first one now, so I need two answers:
    - please open task manager on Processes tab, check "show processes from all users" checkmark on the bottom side, order them by name and tell me if "3CXTunnel.exe" is there. The "show processes from all users" is required because it runs as a SYSTEM "user".
    - then, please tell me if you have .NET installed and which version. Typically, such kind of of error message box appear on a freshly new installed Windows OS if/when one or more DLLs required by application are missing. In our case, 3CXSIPProxymanager.exe is just a .NET-based configuration panel and it seems he doesn't find such proper DLL.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leosa

Hi Vali,

Thanks again for replying. About your questions:

1. The 3CXTunnel.exe is running as SYSTEM user.
    2. This machine dont have .NET installed. Is there any specific version I should consider?

Kind regards,
    Leo

8. leosa

Hello Vali,

Thanks a lot for helping me. Installing NET Frameworks 2.0 fixed the problem with the Proxy Tunnel. It should have been mentioned in some documentation, dont you think?

This brings me to the initial problem: Im unable to hear audio on PBX from remote extensions.

They make and receive calls, but no audio is avaliable. I followed the instructions on VoIP Nugget: 3CX Tunnel - Configuration. Opened the ports on remote router, installed 3CX Voip Phone, the tunnel indicator is on, the debug screen of cliente dont show problems... (Below I send a piece of log). Even when I call voicemail (99), I has the same results.

18:16:14.911 Extension::printEndpointInfo [CM505001]: Ext.11: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXVoipPhone 3.1.6288.0] Transport: [sip:10.0.1.198:5060]

I checked also the soundcard playback ans its connection as suugested on this thread.

Any ideas how can I fix this?

Thanks again, Vali.

Best regards,
    Leo

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Leo

The Proxy Manager installer performs a .NET presence checking at install time and, if not found, it displays a warning message-box about it's requirement, then cancel installation (I've checked this yesterday before answering you). The problem is the message-box you saw is a common system one, which generally "tells" there is a missing DLL - overall, it looks like you installed on a proper environment (since installer allowed you) then somehow that .NET has been removed, or one of its componenents is missing. Whatever, it's not the most important issue right now.

The most important issue is - I've checked - the Proxy Manager you have definitely won't audio work with the PBX ver 6 you have (sorry for bad news). Ver 6 is no longer supported since long time and tunnel's audio protocol has been changed to improve quality and performance.

Therefore, to have a tunnel properly connecting to your PBX ver 6, my advice is following:
    - uninstall the Proxy Manager.
    - install a Voip Client 6. This one is no longer supported also by us, but it will meet your demands (I hope :oops: )
    - configure it to have a tunneled connection to your PBX (this will install and configure the OLD tunnel as a service).
    - When everything it's OK (you can dial 999) try to connect your other extensions to the "use tunnel of host" addr:port you set (obviously, do not use here 127.0.0.1)
    - when they connect and work ok, you may EXIT (not close, closing hides to tray) the Voip Client and that's ok, the tunnel is installed as a service.

Hope it will helps you.

regards
    vali

10. leosa

Hi Vali,

I would like to thank you for your detailed explanations, tests and pacience.

With your help, the reported problem is fixed now - the tunnel is working with two remote extensions.

Thanks again for your dedication to 3CX community.

Success and best regards,
    Leo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.