Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Register timeout on 3CX v8 [SOLVED]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MrKoen, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKoen

I'm using a Zyxel 2602R to connect an extension to my 3CX v8 instance through the internet. This Zyxel device, which is the base modem for Telfort ADSL Internet in The Netherlands, supports SIP, but is very very limited in its settings. It sends out a SIP REGISTER message once in approximately 50 minutes. This interval is not configurable. I noticed the 3CX v8 PBX assumes an extension to be offline when no activity has been received in approxemately 30 minutes. I hoped to resolve the problem by connecting the 3CX PBX directly to the internet with its own public IPv4 address and thus no NAT translation in between, but this did not solve the problem. Is there a way to raise the 30 minute value in 3CX PBX or does somebody have another clever way to make sure the extension will keep registered with 3CX PBX even though its only sending a REGISTER every 50 minutes?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrKoen

Re: SIP Register timeout on 3CX v8

Just had a chance to look at the device again. Turns out there actually is an option to configure the timeout for the SIP registration. Problem solved. In case someone Googles this topic having the same problem, the setting can be found under:

Voip at the left -> SIP at the left -> Select the SIP Account at the top -> Click on advanced setup at the bottom -> Change the timeouts under SIP Server Settings to the appropriate settings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.