SIP Registration Failed - Fanvil X3G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AH2, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi Everyone,

This past 3 days I've been having an issue with a all 11 phones, we have Cloud 3CX on Google Cloud.
    A Mkrotik Router at the office, everything was working fine, today after 2/3pm some phones started giving an error "SIP Registration Failed" I rebooted the server and all phone, they all connect, work for a little bet, and then all disconnect from the Phones tab at 3cx. some stay, some dont, if I reboot all connect all work, 1,2,3 minutes later all gone. some come back up. some dont.

Very weird, all have the same config.
    Error on screen is "SIP Register Failed"
    Error on Phone Webpanel:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas ?

Note: I've already configured this rules https://www.3cx.com/docs/mikrotik-firewall-configuration/
    Thanks.
    AH

#1 AH2, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AH2

Are the phones running the latest supported firmware and the default templates? Are you using a 3CX FQDN or your own?
    It looks like the phones cannot reach the STUN server which for remote extensions is the PBX.

AH2 likes this.
  3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The guide you posted is for when the mikrotik sits between your 3CX Server and the internet, not for when it is located between your remote phones and your Hosted 3CX. Port forwarding needs to be done and the logic is obviously the same, but the ports are much different.

First things first, you would want to check that the Firewall Check test in the Management Console passes. You can find that in the Dashbaord.

Also check that you have done the following:
    1) In the Management Console each Remote STUN Extensions must have a unique Local SIP Port and Unique RTP Port range and the RTP Port range must be 10 ports (for Yealink phones 12 ports) per remote site. This means that if we only had Yealink phones that would be e.g.:
    - Ext A should have Local SIP Port: 5065 and RTP Port Range: 14000-14011 (12 ports)
    - Ext B should have Local SIP Port: 5066 and RTP Port Range: 14012-14023 (12 ports)
    - Ext C should have Local SIP Port: 5067 and RTP Port Range: 14024-14035 (12 ports)
    - Ext D should have Local SIP Port: 5068 and RTP Port Range: 14036-14047 (12 ports)
    - etc...
    2) Once you have done this, then on the Remote Location Router/Firewall behind which the phones are residing (mikrotik), you must:
    - Disable SIP ALG or any similar port remapping feature.
    - Create NAT/Port Forwarding Rules so that, as per the above example:
    --- Ports 5065 TCP/UDP and 14000-14011 UDP are forwarded to the IP of Ext A
    --- Ports 5066 TCP/UDP and 14012-14023 UDP are forwarded to the IP of Ext B
    --- Ports 5067 TCP/UDP and 14024-14035 UDP are forwarded to the IP of Ext C
    --- Ports 5068 TCP/UDP and 14036-14047 UDP are forwarded to the IP of Ext D
    --- etc...
    - This also implies that the the phones/endpoints should have Static LAN IPs assigned to them at the remote site.
    3) As YiannisH_3CX said, check that STUN requests from the IP Phones are not getting dropped by your mikrotik which seems to also be happening based on your screenshot. By default IP Phones are provisioned to use the 3CX Public IP and SIP Port as STUN Server

AH2 likes this.
  4. AH2

AH2 New Member

Yes, the phones are upgraded to the latest firmware, and using 3cx FQN on Standard License.
    All Firewall Checks Green.

Thanks for this, I have nto tried it yet, but will if the issue continues.

What I've done to resolved the issue was:
    1. As per the mikrotik instructions used the 3cx server IP con the WAN/ether1
    [​IMG]

2. Changex Extension Settings to Use "Local LAN" with the interface was the URL for the 3cx server.
    [​IMG]

So far working fine, I will reply later today after all employees come in.

Thanks for the info.

#4 AH2, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  5. AH2

AH2 New Member

All working 100% so far.

Thanks for the help.
    AH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.