• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

sip registration over vpn (ipsec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdewey

Reaction score
hi, after we installed the 8.0.9908.533 version of the phone system all our remote phones connected over IPSEC VPN have random problems on register (using udp or tcp). ones they are register they work fine, but the problem persist a lot and this is getting out of hand. our configuration remains the same as it was before when it use to work just fine. the only change was the new version..

is there any reported problem on vpn connections?

tks

Re: sip registration over vpn (ipsec) BUG!!

sorry I meant Available Version:8.0.9941 .. I see there is an update.. I will update now and see if it fixes the problem!

Did you set registrar AND proxy on your phones at the same 3CX server address?

Do you have a unused nic in your server, if yes disabled?

yes proxy IP is pointing to the PBX. as it was before. Also there are 3 NICs

1- main pbx for LAN
2- E1 direct connection
3- disabled

LAN-VPN sites have full port and protocol connectivity with no limitations. As a matter of fact it was forking just fine before the 8.x release.. One thing is working with 8.x that is was not working on 7 was the Assistant. it works perfect over IPSEC and SSL VPNs but phones are getting complicated on the registration.

tks

Hi

I have the situation where my remote Siemens Phone says it's registered on both the phone and 3cx and it can call out but any calls to it get the engaged tone - as others, this phone worked prior to upgrading to v 8.0.10116.583. My VPN is IPSEC between 2 Draytek routers and the Draytek also has a remote phone configured/attached which works fine, as it did before the upgrade.

I have debug my phone, my firewall, my vpn concentrator and all points to be something wrong on the 3cx part when "LANS" from a different IP classes try to register. randomly the phones wont be able to register as they did before the version 8. (on remote vpn locations).. they just unregister and need 2 or 3 reboots to get register again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.