• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Registration server - backup IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daikoku

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using self-hosted 3CX with Vitelity as the SIP provider.
I typically register at sipmia10.vitelity.net but can fail over to sip21.vitelity.net.
The 3CX config doesn't seem to provide a way to provide a backup/failover SIP destination in case the primary goes down.
Am I missing something or is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks

While some SIP sets offer a place to datafill an alternative server address, in the event the first isn't available, I think that the method 3CX expects to be used is through a DNS server "update". In other words, the URL remains the same, only the destination IP changes, and is reflected when a DNS query is made.

There may be other methods that are being used by some.

Ask Vitality if they use DNS SRV. Sounds like they do not.
We use Flowroute and they do. Usually I am registered in LA - but can be registered in LV at any time without any chaneg on my 3cx system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.