Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Registration timeout / failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by j_friedrich, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j_friedrich

Hi guys,

Goin a little nuts here. Can anyone tell me why 'external' SIP phones / ATA's will STOP / LOSE their registration? Honestly, we have tried VPN hookups, direct hookups, you name it...For example, we have Cisco 186 ATA's out there and after a while (no specific time), they will lose their registration? We have the PBX on a static ip. Could it be that the ATA's / Phones need to be on a static ip too? I dunno, just frustrated that stuff goes 'offline' and we can't figure it out. It seems like the ATA's / phones just stop trying. There is nothing in the 3CX logs to indicate that they are trying to re-register. AARGGHHH...

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Jason

2. spaxton

I have the same problem with my cisco wip 310 phone. The phone just logout . What should we do?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If 3cx doesn't see a registration every 30 minutes then it assumes that the ATA/set has been disconnected. Some devices allow the SIP server (3CX in this case) to set how often it will register. Some devices rely on the provision-er (you) to set that time manually. Change it to 30 minutes or less. See if that helps, there may be other issues as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.